Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out this week: yet again, SpaceX and Tesla were the #1 and #2 most sought after places to work. Tesla got something like 3mil applications for 29,000 positions in 2022.

Regarding the board - an independent member is stepping down, and nominated to replace him is a very VERY close ally of Musk, JB Straubel. JB is pretty much a shoe-in considering he was previously on Tesla's management team and is extremely well-respected.

Guess you are not getting your devilish wish, on either front.

I've read that, of course. I don't know if these numbers reflect Tesla post-Twitter.

JB is, of course, great. It's a pity Hiro stepped down.

He just makes stuff up out of thin air as usual.
Here is the problem I see consistently with this thread and media in general.

The essence of the message - "there has been hardly any outrage or reaction outside of US" - is ignored or glossed over, and a singular Guardian article (who have a history of attacking nasty click bait stories on Elon & Tesla for years) somehow refutes the spirit of what was said. !.

I see this pattern repeating over and over again. Ignore the larger context, and zoom in on a narrow definition of the issue and blow it up as proof that sky is falling. A questionable tweet or two among millions is enough to jump up and down and shout with a shrill voice, "Twitter is a hate fest, Twitter is a cesspool", ignoring that things have not changed much or generally got only better.

• Funny
Reactions: EfficientWatts
Yes, I think Musk spends too much time on Twitter and not enough time looking after Tesla or his other companies.

Elon Musk's Alleged Burner Account Role-Played As a Horny Toddler

Roleplaying as your 2-year-old child on the internet at age 51 is an exceptionally odd but not inherently nefarious pastime. Where Musk’s alleged alt gets unsettling is in its interactions with others. Screenshots show @ErmnMusk replying to a tweet with a photo of FTX trader and Caroline Ellison—who has pled guilty to fraud and who allegedly had a romantic relationship with Sam Bankman-Fried. The photo’s caption makes a fairly gross sexual reference to Ellison: “[Bankman-Fried] had a net worth of $16B USD and risked it all for this. the grippy must have been unfathomable.” @ErmnMusk replies, “I ❤️librarians.”
As of early Tuesday afternoon, @ErmnMusk is no longer live. And while Musk hasn’t commented on the allegations about the account, its sudden departure feels as close to a confirmation as we might ever get.

I’m not one to judge people for having a burner; I respect that everyone has to find some way or another to spy on an ex on Instagram. But I am going to judge a middle-aged man who appears to spend more time pretending to be his kid than actually spending time with any of his progeny (of which there are nine). And I’m also going to judge someone who makes millions off of popular, viral tweets pushing violent anti-LGBTQ “groomer” bullshit, all while roleplaying as a horny toddler.

The essence of the message - "there has been hardly any outrage or reaction outside of US" - is ignored or glossed over, and a singular Guardian article (who have a history of attacking nasty click bait stories on Elon & Tesla for years) somehow refutes the spirit of what was said. !.

I see this pattern repeating over and over again. Ignore the larger context, and zoom in on a narrow definition of the issue and blow it up as proof that sky is falling. A questionable tweet or two among millions is enough to jump up and down and shout with a shrill voice, "Twitter is a hate fest, Twitter is a cesspool", ignoring that things have not changed much or generally got only better.
Outside the US (from just a cursory news search...)
UK

Jamacia

India

It's a small world after all...

Just out this week: yet again, SpaceX and Tesla were the #1 and #2 most sought after places to work. Tesla got something like 3mil applications for 29,000 positions in 2022.

Regarding the board - an independent member is stepping down, and nominated to replace him is a very VERY close ally of Musk, JB Straubel. JB is pretty much a shoe-in considering he was previously on Tesla's management team and is extremely well-respected.

Guess you are not getting your devilish wish, on either front.
It will be interesting to see if that changes with current data, rather than last year's graduate survey.

Did Mr Musk comment on Trump refusing to participate in the republican debates this year?

I see this pattern repeating over and over again.
Me too, I see you posting nonsense and then getting destroyed by replies with facts 🤣 👇
UK

Jamacia

India

UK

Jamacia

India

Yeah but, see the thing is the UK has a history of writing hit pieces about Elon. So…c’mon bro, everybody knows that.

Lack of innovation? You live in the same universe as the rest of us? No other automakers can STILL do full remove OTA upgrades (a handful can do limited, but things like battery firmware and motor firmware still require an in-person visit).

Manufacturing, did you see the Investor Day presentation? Not even going to go into Tesla's next-gen process for building a car presented there. CURRENT gen, only one other company in the world has even started building with gigacasts. Tesla also takes 1/2 the time and man hours to build a car as Toyota or VW (the number 2 and 3 positions).

Do you even have FSD?

All these points are about Tesla manufacturing the same thing in an efficient manner which I already acknowledged as a key strength of Tesla. This strength is already being leveraged in what appears to be a price war.

FSD is a key aspect of the strategy of making a boring box interesting. I don't think consumers really cares if they have the same box as everyone else's box if that box is capable of self driving.

I no longer have a Tesla because FSD never really materialized aside from the beta which took more work to supervise than it was worth. I would have kept my Tesla if FSD been useful to me, but I wasn't going to wait around for it. I gave 4 years for FSD to do something useful and it never did.

I moved from Tesla to Rivian because Rivian had the new shiny thing.

Now I find myself eying the upcoming Polestar models.

The biggest draw Tesla has is the Supercharger network which remains as the largest and most reliable fast charging network in the US.

How is FSD in Rivian? Should be super and much better

There is no $15K pre-order for FSD with a Rivian

That isn't to say I don't have my gripes about Rivians Driver+ and its absurd limitations, but at least it didn't cost me anything extra.

For me driver assistance technology is a nice to have sort of thing, but not a deal killer unless its missing basic things like adaptive cruise control. That changes with L4 where I would buy a car specifically for that functionality if it offered a reasonably good region and conditions it operated in. I just don't foresee that happening in the near (0-2 years) future with any make/model.

Last edited:

I really don't know about "media in general," but I have followed this whole sorry thread and whole sorry saga.

There is only one context. Let me spell it out by way of example. I happen to have a friend who is on a number of corporate boards, including Fox corp. And if I told you about any others you could cross reference and figure it out.

This person is trusted with some of the highest level economic decisions there are, year in, year out. Most of these boards are for publicly traded companies.

This person has, as far as I can tell, virtually zero social media presences. I have no idea what this person's specific personal views politically are, and it says alot that in our 20 plus years of acquaintance politics is never discussed.

As shareholders, and as people interested in the mission of Tesla, THAT is what we would expect of Elon, the same twitter presence as all sorts of other people who are at high levels of management in publicly traded companies, i.e., none.

A goofball social media presence provides absolutely zero upside to millions of investors, and Elon would not have any number of billions of dollars if it were not for those investors.

And not only does Elon post like he is in junior high, he actually bought the company and is running it like a junior high schooler would.

The posting, prior to the acquisition, was bad enough, but at least you could write that off as letting off steam with a nice blunt or something. Once you buy it people are going to take it more seriously. And Elon appears to want to simultaneously be taken seriously and also say whatever the F he wants.

As I said, a reasonably intelligent 12 year old could tell you you can't have it both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.