Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Observation:

People from the extremes see anyone that does not agree with them as being from the other extreme. I previously thought that they were ignoring the centre to make a powerful argument but I am now thinking that many at least cannot see the centre on any level.

The logical outcome of that is of course then that it is not their fault...

He will replace himself (mostly) at Twitter soon enough

toolate.jpg

No incumbent President seeking re-election has faced a primary debate under our current system, dating back to the '70s.

The only people up in arms about this are trolls on the right (MTG, Matt Wallace, etc) or trolls on the left (Cenk). Progressives/leftists want someone more left and conservatives/MAGA trolls just want people outraged at their opponents over what has been a 50+ year norm. These people are either extremely stupid or believe their base is too stupid to notice.

Musk has been parroting a lot of the MAGA / QAnon rhetoric over the last couple years. That he has piled on with the "backroom dealings" narrative shouldn't be particularly surprising. His Twitter feed is basically an anti-trans, QAnon replica. It is who he is.

But of course, to that point...why is he saying dumb things? You either have to believe he's incredibly ignorant on this matter or he's seeking to engage with people who are too dumb to notice he didn't say the same thing about the RNC in 2016.

My guess is he's been red-pilled or whatever. He might not say the most extreme beliefs of QAnon in public, but obviously he has parroted disproven conspiracies - Pelosi, for example. He may also realize the only people who care to stick around and give him money on Twitter are those same people. So he's trying to pander to them to prove who full of free speech Twitter will be or whatever.

His descent into a conspiracy-filled, anti-reality troll continues.
There are only two blunders Elon did and both are close to unpardonable:

- His pedo comment on that British cave diver. That guy is a third rate scumbag no doubt, but calling him a pedo on a public forum is completely unacceptable even if he was one. The fact that he was not, makes it a crime. Musk was lucky to escape on that trial on some triviality.

- This Pelosi tweet is even more of a head scratcher. Musk deserves all the bashings and negative press on that. Even most of his ardent fans either stayed away or called out on him. And that unfortunately happened right after he took over Twitter. Musk lost a lot cachet on that one and yet to recover. Well deserved. I really wish he had come out and apologized.

There are only two blunders Elon did and both are close to unpardonable:

- His pedo comment on that British cave diver. That guy is a third rate scumbag no doubt, but calling him a pedo on a public forum is completely unacceptable even if he was one. The fact that he was not, makes it a crime. Musk was lucky to escape on that trial on some triviality.

- This Pelosi tweet is even more of a head scratcher. Musk deserves all the bashings and negative press on that. Even most of his ardent fans either stayed away or called out on him. And that unfortunately happened right after he took over Twitter. Musk lost a lot cachet on that one and yet to recover. Well deserved. I really wish he had come out and apologized.
That's an interesting way of putting it. An by interesting I'm not being clever.

I don't see it as a question of going over Elon's tweets to find ones that are "unpardonable", "pardonable but need an apology," "pardonable on the grounds that hey, its only a tweet," "unwise but not rising to the level of needing or not needing a pardon," "ok," "kind of interesting," and, I don't know, "valuable."

I mean, you might do that with my posts, an anonymous dude on a relatively obscure narrow forum.

When you are Elon Musk, and saying "my pronouns are indict, Fauci" or whatever that tweet was, my position is what the F are you doing on Twitter? You're not only a billionaire, you are the world's riches person.

If you want Fauci indicted give $500 milllion to some republican PAC and McConnell will make it happen. No one needs to know.

One of the things you get by being super wealthy is you are no longer some young idiot reporter trying to get people to read your articles. Twitter is made for idiot reporters to try to become professional reporters. Everyone takes Elon Musk's call.

No one needs Twitter less than Elon Musk, literally no one in the entire world.

Last edited:
Elon being distracted and staying the heck away from Tesla and SpaceX are probably the best possible things for those two companies. Seriously, look at all the good software stuff we have gotten in recent Tesla updates while Elon has been distracted. Keep. Him. Occupied. Just too bad he is occupied spreading hate and trying to destroy democracy and society.

But you know Elon had final approval. This is how the yoke became a thing.

Disinterest with final approval is not a great combo. This is perhaps how "infinite demand" became the core of Tesla's product plan.

Reactions: advocate8
Observation:

People from the extremes see anyone that does not agree with them as being from the other extreme. I previously thought that they were ignoring the centre to make a powerful argument but I am now thinking that many at least cannot see the centre on any level.

The logical outcome of that is of course then that it is not their fault...
“There ain’t going to be any middle anymore..”

-Pearl Jam, Porch, 1991.

Ugh.

But if you click through the report, and I have not gotten down to Twitter's report (this is some sort of self report), its mostly foreign governments, like India requesting Tweets critical of Modi to be deleted. It doesn't appear the US gov is really that into requesting deletions on Twitter.

Its actually evidence that Musk does not really care about Twitter being some free speech beacon broadly, heck, if you just cave to authoritarian governments I mean .......

Anyway, as I said, $44 Billion is a lot just so your favorite mock the libs site can post on Twitter, but there is is. Apparently discourse in India or Turkey is not really at the top of the list.

But did we really think it was even on the list, let alone on top of it?

Reactions: InDaClub
Didn't Elon say free speech within the bounds of compliance with local laws?
Posting the real time location of a jet from ADS-B data gathered from receivers set up by aviation enthusiasts is not against the law, so Elon already has a big problem even if we restrict this to US laws. Nothing in the charter for the FCC allows it to restrict the reception of signals on the public airwaves, only their transmission (for the purpose of avoiding interference).

Posting the real time location of a jet from ADS-B data gathered from receivers set up by aviation enthusiasts is not against the law, so Elon already has a big problem even if we restrict this to US laws. Nothing in the charter for the FCC allows it to restrict the reception of signals on the public airwaves, only their transmission (for the purpose of avoiding interference).

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just saying what he said and possibly could have given as instructions to the minions at Twitter.

Such a touchy crowd if you don't agree with the megaphone . . .

Reactions: STUtoday
Status
Not open for further replies.