Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. It has not happened yet and we should not make up facts just to make a point.

Instead we should simply wait for something to happen. Perhaps when Elon's jet stops for fueling in a Eastern European or South American airport with poor security, conveniently a Russian agent who just happened to be an avid follower of ElonJet's twitter account might shoot down the plane with a hand held Russian missile. After all he is the most admired, well followed and for that same reason the most hated person who many individuals and institutions and some countries would like to see him "silenced".

Of course then we can come here and say, "tough luck", "this is the price we need to pay for free speech", "there is no clear proof that tracking his plane and posting it on Twitter had in any way helped", yada yada..
Because we all know Russian agents rely on Twitter as their sole source of tracking info.

Agreed. It has not happened yet and we should not make up facts just to make a point.

Instead we should simply wait for something to happen. Perhaps when Elon's jet stops for fueling in a Eastern European or South American airport with poor security, conveniently a Russian agent who just happened to be an avid follower of ElonJet's twitter account might shoot down the plane with a hand held Russian missile. After all he is the most admired, well followed and for that same reason the most hated person who many individuals and institutions and some countries would like to see him "silenced".

Of course then we can come here and say, "tough luck", "this is the price we need to pay for free speech", "there is no clear proof that tracking his plane and posting it on Twitter had in any way helped", yada yada..

Assuming this was a lot of sarcasm, are you saying that you agree that harmful things should be moderated even if they are not illegal?

Or if you think it is illegal, and that harmful, wouldn't the right thing be to file a lawsuit (after perhaps a warning) ?

Reactions: advocate8

The amount of time you spend creating fantasies is unreal. You honestly think a "Russian agent" intent on shooting down Elon's jet can't use the exact same publicly available data the Elonjet account uses? Are you still incapable of grapsing the simple fact that Elonjet has no special access to data? You come up with incredibly strange scenarios without understanding simple basic facts.

No, it's just that Tucker hasn't established a new outlet yet, and everyone wanted to watch him more or less saying that he got fired for being non-conform with the political (and media) landscape, being honest and saying "true things".
Don’t forget that twitter video AUTO PLAY (same with other platforms) is going to flag/tag a lot of peoples new “for you” streams with this video and auto play and auto tag as a VIEW when they scroll through their feed. I seriously doubt that 77M actually sought out or were interested in this video enough to seek it out, or click on it in their feed to be a real clear ”VIEW”

The original poster in twitter is probably blurring the lines between ’view’ and ’impression’ as well.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3

There is always some balance between freedom and security.

Should we ban live location flight tracking of a plane (not a specific human)?
Should we ban all location flight tracking even ones days ago?

It might seem like live location flight tracking is more useful to a bad actor, but I'd say the historical data is even more useful. Its more useful because you can ground truth the data where you remove all the flights the plane makes without whoever the bad actor is targeting.

The ground truth comes from the likes of twitter, and other social media platforms.. So do you ban the location sharing of celebrity sightings? Do you force a delay on it?

Most people are very predictable in terms of what their habits are, and when they go where they go. Using historical data a bad actor should be able to predict where a person is going to be at a given time to make arrangements to be there.

Don’t forget that twitter video AUTO PLAY (same with other platforms) is going to flag/tag a lot of peoples new “for you” streams with this video and auto play and auto tag as a VIEW when they scroll through their feed. I seriously doubt that 77M actually sought out or were interested in this video enough to seek it out, or click on it in their feed to be a real clear ”VIEW”

The original poster in twitter is probably blurring the lines between ’view’ and ’impression’ as well.

It's likely a bit of both.

On Instagram I don't want to see any car accident video's, but Instagram continues to pop them up on my feed. They do because I keep clicking on them. They're leveraging my need for analysis and not that I simply want to relax my brain with pretty pictures of hiking scenery.

If I was shown the tucker video I likely would have clicked on it, but just because it was there. If I was to seek something out it would be an analysis of the video.

You think people with nation state resources behind them would be getting this data off of Twitter or even ADSBx? What is wrong with you? Do you think if the US military wants to bomb a target in a foreign country like China that they're going to use Google Maps? Because this type of thinking is just as stupid as the CCP's thinking on GPS data. If the US military wants to bomb 中南海 I guarantee you they know the exact WGS-84 coordinates to enter into the missile and they're not going to be screwing around on Google Maps.

So, you’re agreeing Musk wasn’t truthful (or was at least mistaken) when he claimed someone was using ElonJet to stalk him, and now your position is “well, it could have happened!”

Plus you are saying that free speech absolutism without limits is a bad thing, is that right?

The goal posts are being moved so much, the field is dotted with holes. 🕳️

You don’t have to lose sleep over it. That is where community notes comes in to play, and the truth finally comes out. If you let things play out on Twitter, truth comes out one way or the other for the most part.

1682726373145.jpeg

Last edited:
Elon Musk and Bill Maher Warn Against the 'Woke Mind Virus,' a.k.a. Historical Fact

He [Musk] shared an anecdote about a friend's high school-aged children only knowing that George Washington was the first president of the United States and a slave owner -- but nothing else about him. "That is the woke mind virus, exactly," Maher said, before lightly defending slavery as something practiced by many societies and endorsed in the Bible. He [Maher] also failed to challenge Musk's description of students learning historical fact as "indoctrination."

Status
Not open for further replies.