Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. The number of new features Twitter has added in the last 4 months is just astounding. The fact that I see my followers and blue checks ahead of all the trolls and bots, that alone is an amazing feature.
That's pretty funny and if true, it won't last. Trolls are some of the people willing to pay a subscription because they get more than $8 worth of amusement per month out of trolling.

Face it - the Left is going bonkers simply because they are losing control of their media monopoly
Not just the left. The whole media is losing its mind that their gas lighting days are coming to an end.

Yesterday Mehdi Hasan was caught lying with his pants down. And the same thing will happen for a right wing nut also. This is why I love Twitter. You can’t blatantly lie and get away with it. Citizen journalists are watching.

The right is going bonkers because they have a conspiracy theory for everything. Every time someone opposes their extremist positions it's always due to some conspiracy against them as opposed to the fact that most people just don't care for extremists.

Helpful if you can define what is an extremist position that is held by mainstream Republicans and Conservatives that *you* think is so vile and dangerous that it is worthy of banning. Near as I can tell, some of the biggest Conservative positions are pretty mainstream (even in SoCal) in terms of border security, funding adequate police to reduce crime, lower taxes/government regulation, energy independence and skepticism of the efficacy of carving up gender confused children.

Also, lets not pretend that the Left has no conspiracy theories at all!
  • Russia stole the 2016 election for Trump
  • Diebold Machines stole the 2000 and 2004 elections for Bush
  • Democrat and minority run cities like Minneapolis, Chicago, LA, San Francisco, Portland, Detroit, Seattle are so rife with Systemic Racism - they need to "re-imagine" (cough cough defund) policing
  • Men can get pregnant.....

When I was in 4th grade, I was taught to tolerate free speech. “I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”

Who gets to define "intolerance" in your utopian tolerant society?

Regarding Twitter, that would be Elon. Twitter is not without rules.
At the legal level, there are laws such as for wire fraud and defamation.

For instance, is it "intolerant" (and worthy of social media bans or losing one's job) to have some misgivings on the medical efficacy of cutting off children's body parts for "gender affirmation"?

Not "misgivings", but asking for the death penalty doesn't sound very tolerant. (Although I wouldn't want that opinion banned in general.)

There is a big difference between tolerating and celebrating certain views.

Face it - the Left is going bonkers simply because they are losing control of their media monopoly. All Elon is doing is pulling back the curtain a bit and Leftists now have to do the harder work to actually defend their positions intellectually as opposed to simply shutting down the debate from the Right.

Not everything every "leftist" says in the course of political debate, but the main positions on the left are generally very well defended intellectually. Actually it would surprise me if you don't know that.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: bkp_duke
Helpful if you can define what is an extremist position that is held by mainstream Republicans and Conservatives that *you* think is so vile and dangerous that it is worthy of banning. Near as I can tell, some of the biggest Conservative positions are pretty mainstream (even in SoCal) in terms of border security, funding adequate police to reduce crime, lower taxes/government regulation, energy independence and skepticism of the efficacy of carving up gender confused children.

• Democrat and minority run cities like Minneapolis, Chicago, LA, San Francisco, Portland, Detroit, Seattle are so rife with Systemic Racism - they need to "re-imagine" (cough cough defund) policing
White Replacement Theory

• Disagree
Reactions: B@ndit and bkp_duke
lower taxes/government regulation
What's that I keep seeing about the right wanting the government to ban medical procedures that doctors say are necessary?
Extremists on all sides have their idiotic conspiracy theories. But notice how the people in positions of power on the left keep calling BS on said conspiracy theories while the people in positions of power on the right amplify them? Then you've got Elon, who almost exclusively amplifies conspiracy theories of the right while simultaneously claiming to be a centrist. Honestly, his "I am a centrist" claim might be more believable if he were amplifying conspiracy theories of both sides although in practice, I don't know too many centrists who amplify conspiracy theories period (as opposed to calling BS on them).

Last edited:
What's that I keep seeing about the right wanting the government to ban medical procedures that doctors say are necessary?

Woah Woah Woah. That's not true, sorry.

If you are talking transgender surgery, I'm one of those physicians trained in that field and I can tell you for FACT that it is EXTREMELY controversial within the medical field. This is something that patients do a ton of "doctor shopping" to find someone that will give them the answer they want and perform the surgery. The vast majority of physicians in this field do not feel it is an appropriate decision for a minor to make (they can't make legally most other surgical decisions, FYI) and we strongly encourage them to wait till they are 18 and talk to a lot of people that have undergone the transition, undergo psychological counseling so that they better understand the implications of said transition, etc. There are significant side effects, and these just do not get covered in the media, at all. In fact, the side effects get completely glossed over.

@DarkandStormy - you lose the argument if you go straight to Nazi tropes to justify banning speech. Especially since the Nazis were very big fans of censoring everything that went against their POV.

"Would Censorship Have Stopped the Rise of the Nazis?"

You seem to have a reading issue. Nowhere did I say speech should be banned.

Face it - the Left is going bonkers simply because they are losing control of their media monopoly. All Elon is doing is pulling back the curtain a bit and Leftists now have to do the harder work to actually defend their positions intellectually as opposed to simply shutting down the debate from the Right.

This is quite funny. The Right wants to ban drag shows, abortion, teaching the full history of the U.S., trans people, gay marriage, lawmakers who are trans, in a few states the sales of EVs, corporations supporting gay or trans people...what else am I missing?

This is quite funny. The Right wants to ban drag shows, abortion, teaching the full history of the U.S., trans people, gay marriage, lawmakers who are trans, in a few states the sales of EVs, corporations supporting gay or trans people...what else am I missing?
I can't believe Elon was stupid enough to move Tesla's HQ to a state that doesn't even allow Tesla to deliver cars built in that state directly to people who live in that state. Can you imagine what would happen if California insisted that CPUs Intel manufactures in California cannot be delivered directly to Californians?

Reactions: sunwarriors
I can't believe Elon was stupid enough to move Tesla's HQ to a state that doesn't even allow Tesla to deliver cars built in that state directly to people who live in that state. Can you imagine what would happen if California insisted that CPUs Intel manufactures in California cannot be delivered directly to Californians?

Not true. They can deliver cars, and people in that state can order them.

Details matter. Tesla can't run a SALES center and talk about pricing etc. If someone asks, they have to be referred to the website (which fortunately makes it easy to order and answers most major questions).

I agree in general with your gist, but Tesla can and has been delivering cars to Texas since the very beginning.

Not true. They can deliver cars, and people in that state can order them.

Details matter. Tesla can't run a SALES center and talk about pricing etc. If someone asks, they have to be referred to the website (which fortunately makes it easy to order and answers most major questions).

I agree in general with your gist, but Tesla can and has been delivering cars to Texas since the very beginning.
I thought there was some weird requirement that the cars have to be shipped out of the state first, if they were built in Texas and delivered to Texans? Obviously doesn't apply to cars built in Fremont (which are coming from out of state) and delivered to Texans.

Status
Not open for further replies.