Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone else has solved the FSD problem and Tesla still hasn’t, then come back and cry fraud, cheat, …
Show me the other CEO who has been doing this:

Many CEOs promise new products that never see the market. But what makes this different is that Tesla has been taking people's money for this one.

Last edited:
Which other ones promised deadlines repeatedly and showed videos with "no interventions"?

This thread reads like a TSLAQ website. We all have observed that Elon is notorious for piss-poor timelines. This is NOT a news flash.

But what is interesting is that few FUDsites and critics come back to give him his props when he accomplishes what he says he will, even if it is late.

1) EVs that markedly out-perform ICE vehicles (and other EVs) - check
2) Rockets that can land and be re-used at a fraction of the cost of traditional spacetravel - check
3) Rockets that can land on a BARGE - the equivalent of a sniper hitting a postage stamp from 10 miles out (this deserves special note since no one else is even in the same zip code here)
4) Tesla would be worth $700B or more (prediction in 2015)
5) Affordable satellite internet with thousands of satellites providing true world-wide coverage

It's so easy for you chumps to armchair quarterback and say "but he hasn't done this, and he was late on that".

Should he stop giving timelines? Probably.
Does he eventually deliver? Usually.

All a I see here are a bunch of bitter people that like to trash on an optimist. You chumps criticize a dreamer . . . for dreaming. What have you guys done to make the world a better place? Far less than this guy.

All a I see here are a bunch of bitter people that like to trash on an optimist. You chumps criticize a dreamer . . .
From what I can tell, most people here do give him props where they are due.

You just said yourself he should probably stop giving deadlines. Guess someone else is a critic.

Your car should have driven by itself from NY to LA 5 years ago while you watched SpaceX launch humans to Mars and no U.S. covid cases in April of 2020.

Do you really want me to go on?
It seems that you have trouble distinguish Elon's aspirational goals (and bad predictions), and bad faith predictions about Elon, do I really need to explain how these two are completely different things?

As for how he's late on his super aggressive goals, here's a good perspective:

This thread reads like a TSLAQ website. We all have observed that Elon is notorious for piss-poor timelines. This is NOT a news flash.

But what is interesting is that few FUDsites and critics come back to give him his props when he accomplishes what he says he will, even if it is late.

1) EVs that markedly out-perform ICE vehicles (and other EVs) - check
2) Rockets that can land and be re-used at a fraction of the cost of traditional spacetravel - check
3) Rockets that can land on a BARGE - the equivalent of a sniper hitting a postage stamp from 10 miles out (this deserves special note since no one else is even in the same zip code here)
4) Tesla would be worth $700B or more (prediction in 2015)
5) Affordable satellite internet with thousands of satellites providing true world-wide coverage

It's so easy for you chumps to armchair quarterback and say "but he hasn't done this, and he was late on that".

Does he eventually deliver? Usually.

All a I see here are a bunch of bitter people that like to trash on an optimist. You chumps criticize a dreamer . . . for dreaming. What have you guys done to make the world a better place? Far less than this guy.
You should know that:
  • I bought my first Tesla (S P85) in early 2014
  • I've owned three others since
  • I had some of the first PW2s
  • I've added two more PW2s
  • I have Tesla Solar
  • I wear a SpaceX Falcon Heavy T-shirt
  • I volunteer for one of the least rewarding jobs on the planet - moderating a Tesla fan site - and have for years
If someone wants to label me as TSLAQ or a FUDster, seems to me that that's on them, not me.

I have thousands of posts here with glowing reviews of my Teslas and how Elon pushed the company to do the right things - building out a charging network instead of relying on a public or private partnership, building EVs that are fun to drive and not weird mobiles, etc. But I also criticize things I don't like - falcon wing doors, for instance. Faking a video and making repeated promises about FSD while collecting fees for it fall into the latter category. Excusing that seems to me to fall more on the side of cultism than an unbiased view.

It's possible to celebrate someone's achievements and criticize their failings at the same time. Nobody is perfect, and judgement of their actions are independent of judgement of the person.

You should know that:
  • I bought my first Tesla (S P85) in early 2014
  • I've owned three others since
  • I had some of the first PW2s
  • I've added two more PW2s
  • I have Tesla Solar
  • I wear a SpaceX Heavy Falcon T-shirt
  • I volunteer for one of the least rewarding jobs on the planet - moderating a Tesla fan site - and have for years
If someone wants to label me as TSLAQ or a FUDster, seems to me that that's on them, not me.

I have thousands of posts here with glowing reviews of my Teslas and how Elon pushed the company to do the right things - building out a charging network instead of relying on a public or private partnership, building EVs that are fun to drive and not weird mobiles, etc. But I also criticize things I don't like - falcon wing doors, for instance. Faking a video and making repeated promises about FSD while collecting fees for it fall into the latter category. Excusing that seems to me to fall more on the side of cultism than an unbiased view.

It's possible to celebrate someone's achievements and criticize their failings at the same time. Nobody is perfect, and judgement of their actions are independent of judgement of the person.

While you were quoted, you should note the SPECIFIC words of my post. "This thread".

Reactions: Electroman
Listen carefully, I will only say this once.

I back Elon 99% of the time - including many of his more risqué views. However, I do wish he wouldn't add this subject to his list.
It is a topic that really doesn't translate to those outside the USA however right wing. Elon should speak globally.

It seems that you have trouble distinguish Elon's aspirational goals (and bad predictions), and bad faith predictions about Elon, do I really need to explain how these two are completely different things?

As for how he's late on his super aggressive goals, here's a good perspective:

You seem to not have a grasp of the English language. Everything I mentioned were direct quotes from Elon, not "predictions about Elon."

Listen carefully, I will only say this once.

I back Elon 99% of the time - including many of his more risqué views. However, I do wish he wouldn't add this subject to his list.
It is a topic that really doesn't translate to those outside the USA however right wing. Elon should speak globally.
The difference is one of these crimes had someone arrested and another didnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.