Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I see here has transcended feedback to frothing in the mouth rooting for his failure

Some have been looking for confirmation of the expectation that certain political actionism has a negative effect on Tesla sales (or on Twitter's success), but that is not the same as rooting for failure. Even hoping for such confirmation is not the same.

"The art of gaslighting".

If there is ever a course on that - and there should be one for every journalism program - CNN, NYT, LAT and much of liberal media's articles can be used as case studies. Fox News can be used for 'Crass lying'. Fox News doesn't know how to subtly weave a narrative to fool the public, so instead they lie blatantly and get caught easily.

Here is a great example from today, courtesy CNN:

But then Twitter has a way of getting a better fuller context out to the public, so the public can decide where the truth lies. Slowly and steadily the gaslighting days of MSM are coming to an end. No wonder they are all angry writing hit pieces on Twitter and Musk by the hour.

Arrested 40 times and let go.

If there is ever a course on that - and there should be one for every journalism program - CNN, NYT, LAT and much of liberal media's articles can be used as case studies. Fox News can be used for 'Crass lying'. Fox News doesn't know how to subtly weave a narrative to fool the public, so instead they lie blatantly and get caught easily.

Here is a great example from today, courtesy CNN:

But then Twitter has a way of getting a better fuller context out to the public, so the public can decide where the truth lies. Slowly and steadily the gaslighting days of MSM are coming to an end. No wonder they are all angry writing hit pieces on Twitter and Musk by the hour.

Arrested 40 times and let go.

The CNN article does contain this:

"Neely also had a series of run-ins with New York police, a law enforcement source told CNN’s John Miller, including 42 arrests on charges including petty larceny, jumping subway turnstiles, theft, and three unprovoked assaults on women in the subway between 2019 and 2021."

That's actually mentioning 2 more arrests than you.

"Neely also had a series of run-ins with New York police, a law enforcement source told CNN’s John Miller, including 42 arrests on charges including petty larceny, jumping subway turnstiles, theft, and three unprovoked assaults on women in the subway between 2019 and 2021."

It's obvious what happened here:
1. Electroman read a tweet from CNN referencing an article from CNN
2. Electroman read a follow-up tweet accusing CNN of leaving critical information out of the original article
3. Electroman didn't even bother to read the article even though it's literally linked to in the first tweet to verify that the information (that the follow-up tweet claimed was left out of the article) was, in fact, left out of the article

A good example of why Twitter is not going to be anyone's savior for getting information out to people: even people who claim Twitter is so great don't verify the information they're getting from Twitter before spewing it (as misinformation) to others. I would certainly count "unprovoked assaults on women in the subway" as attacking people on or in the subway. The article was last updated at 9:15 PM on May 5, more than 12 hours after the original CNN tweet, and it could have been edited to have information about the arrests added after publication, but then, there is this:

Note that the original tweet accusing them of omitting this info is just 4 minutes before the one above. So although I suppose in theory the information could have been added in response to that tweet accusing them of omitting it AND been picked up by the person above in under 4 minutes, I kind of doubt it. It's looking more like it was always there and people just weren't reading the article.

Last edited:
Note that the original tweet accusing them of omitting this info is just 4 minutes before the one above. So although I suppose in theory the information could have been added in response to that tweet accusing them of omitting it AND been picked up by the person above in under 4 minutes, I kind of doubt it. It's looking more like it was always there and people just weren't reading the article.

Especially since CNN received that info directly from a law enforcement source. That would have been difficult even in the time from when CNN announced the article on Twitter, which was less than an hour before.

Reactions: STS-134 and DrGriz
It's sad to admit, but I actually think we have enough circumstantial evidence to assess that Elon is somewhat racist against Black people: the least we can say is that he agrees with a lot of arguments made by right wing politicians on the topic.
I've never seen a Black man or woman in a senior position at Tesla or SpaceX, but maybe I'm mistaken.

This thread reads like a TSLAQ website. We all have observed that Elon is notorious for piss-poor timelines. This is NOT a news flash.

But what is interesting is that few FUDsites and critics come back to give him his props when he accomplishes what he says he will, even if it is late.

1) EVs that markedly out-perform ICE vehicles (and other EVs) - check
2) Rockets that can land and be re-used at a fraction of the cost of traditional spacetravel - check
3) Rockets that can land on a BARGE - the equivalent of a sniper hitting a postage stamp from 10 miles out (this deserves special note since no one else is even in the same zip code here)
4) Tesla would be worth $700B or more (prediction in 2015)
5) Affordable satellite internet with thousands of satellites providing true world-wide coverage

It's so easy for you chumps to armchair quarterback and say "but he hasn't done this, and he was late on that".

Should he stop giving timelines? Probably.
Does he eventually deliver? Usually.

All a I see here are a bunch of bitter people that like to trash on an optimist. You chumps criticize a dreamer . . . for dreaming. What have you guys done to make the world a better place? Far less than this guy.
Not much disagreement with your list here on this thread about Twitter. Perhaps you could discuss something relevant to his “performance" with Twitter, and how that effects the other companies he’s associated with.

Cant match the credentials of some here, but I’m on my second Tesla, have been an enthusiastic owner for nearly five years now, and have gone on endlessly about the quality of the vehicles and their performance. TSLA for a bit less time than that.
But a more important credential? I know cult-influenced thinking when I see it.

Unless I’m mistaken, none of those crimes warrants a death sentence.

Reactions: gforce2002
Jack Dorsey tells student who tracks Musk's jet to 'keep on keepin on'

"What's ur take on ElonJet?" the college student asked Dorsey.

"Keep on keepin on," Dorsey responded, adding: "Send updates here [Bluesky] and to nostr."

Sweeney told Insider he joined the app on April 30 and set up his personal and @ElonJet accounts. "It has that enticing feeling like Twitter," he said.

When setting up his account, someone had already claimed the username @elonjet, so Sweeney asked the person if they could hand it over – and they did. "I wanted it in good hands," the owner told Sweeney.

He also followed Dorsey's advice and joined Nostr on Saturday.

What I see here has transcended feedback to frothing in the mouth rooting for his failure
Which clearly exposes your distorted view of reality. There is in fact a range of perspectives in this thread, a few may somewhat reflect your characterization but most do not and are simply very disappointed in the direction Elon has been going with regards to Twitter and his views about what is important. We'd like to see him return to first principles engineering instead of extreme politics and fear mongering about "woke" and a "population crash" which isn't even close to happening, among other things.

Unless I’m mistaken, none of those crimes warrants a death sentence.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that the guy who put him in the choke hold wasn't trying to kill him on purpose. Downsides of these cases/situations has always been people are just not going to do a thing when they see problems in society unless their own lives/family were physically attacked, and even then, you practically have to wait for someone else to physically attack you first before you can do a thing. A lot of times, you don't know what can happen and a sucker punch could get you killed.

You try to help, get arrested or threatened you'll be hanged/killed by public media/society.

I think police response hasn't been the fastest lately neither and this guy had to hold this guy down for over 15 minutes?

It's an unfortunate situation and we should get more information as time goes on for this case, but it's a doomed if you do, doomed if you don't scenario for folks who might want to help, which in turn, makes society as a whole simply just don't care because there is 0 upside to step in.

Just saw this Opinion piece, I thought this part was relevant to Elon:

“the fantasy of the empowered self-made man, the one who is free to say and do whatever they want, the epitome of a particular American dream, unfettered individualism, beholden to no one.” Except, of course, that’s a fantasy — being beholden to no one is not how human societies work."

Last edited:
Indeed, you practice it, though poorly. The article contained the information you falsely say it left out. Of course you just knee jerk reacted and didn't read the article, which is not the least bit surprising. I wonder if you're even capable of being embarrassed by such blatant hypocrisy at this point?

Majority won’t get past the headline (or the video of him dancing) to read the fine details buried in the article.

That is the point of the dishonest framing by our crap media and Democrats like AOP who are cynically trying to exploit this sad story to incite more race grievances.

Majority won’t get past the headline (or the video of him dancing) to read the fine details buried in the article.
I have a tough time with this one. If an article contains all of the details and a reader doesn't read the article, I'm going to go ahead and put that on the reader. If your argument is that headlines are sensational, well, that's been the case since the dawn of time. It's how physical newspapers were sold, and now how clicks are generated. That's marketing and human nature, not something specific to an underhanded narrative. Perhaps a certain narrative generates more clicks or generated more newspaper/magazine sales in the past - in the same way more extreme views on Twitter generate more reactions. Once more, that's a sad failing of human nature combined with capitalist ventures that seek to maximize profit and engagement.

I believe the arrow of causation goes in the other direction than what many state. The headlines look the way they do because of the readers. Money (in this case clicks) is what drives the framing. If an article leaves things out, that's on the corporate entity reporting. But if it includes it and the reader doesn't bother with anything but the headline, then that's entirely on the lazy reader.

That is the point of the dishonest framing by our crap media and Democrats like AOP who are cynically trying to exploit this sad story to incite more race grievances.

"I'm totally fine with a mentally troubled minority with a criminal history being killed extrajudicially."

If your argument is that headlines are sensational, well, that's been the case since the dawn of time. It's how physical newspapers were sold, and now how clicks are generated. That's marketing and human nature, not something specific to an underhanded narrative.

This is much worse than sensational headlines IMHO.

My argument is that the Media (working hand and hand with one political party for cynical short term political gain) are inciting race division and causing great harm to our society with all of their slanted and one way reporting on ANYTHING race.

The result of all this "sensational" reporting has over half of the country somehow believing that America's most Progressive run cities with high minority representation in all levels of local government (Mayors, Police Chiefs, City Councils, Schools, Unions....) are massively racist and therefore in need of defunding or "re-imagining" policing, paying reparations, changing school curriculum, and tolerating riots, crime, and massive homeless dysfunction on the streets.

Just hard to believe that the multi-ethnic and diverse Progressive coalition running San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago for the last century created and maintained systems of institutional racism all this time.

Behind the scenes: Axios has learned that Carlson and Elon Musk had a conversation about working together, but didn't discuss specifics.

LOL. What's Elon-the-self-proclaimed centrist doing talking to and discussing working with an extremist?
This is much worse than sensational headlines IMHO.

My argument is that the Media (working hand and hand with one political party for cynical short term political gain) are inciting race division and causing great harm to our society with all of their slanted and one way reporting on ANYTHING race.
What is it with all of these crappy conspiracy theories? No, there's not any explicit or even under the table deal here. The media companies are doing their fiduciary duty to their shareholders by publishing what puts eyeballs on their stories, which translates into advertising dollars. It's the same problem that causes social media companies to pursue dollars over everything else. And the way to stop it is to disallow companies from just publishing whatever stories generate views/clicks, but of course that's easier than it sounds because there are big 1A issues with trying to regulate the media. The FCC did it for years on the grounds that the airwaves are a limited public resource but printed media has pretty much always been unrestricted. This arrangement worked pretty well when printed media took a lot longer to distribute than broadcast media but with the advent of computers and the internet, the opposite is now true but I don't really see a way the government can regulate the media directly. The best thing I think it can do is make media companies and social media companies liable in case one of their stories or some of the content they've allowed to be posted on their platform causes someone to get injured or killed because of something that was said that is provably false.

Listen carefully, I will only say this once.

I back Elon 99% of the time - including many of his more risqué views. However, I do wish he wouldn't add this subject to his list.
It is a topic that really doesn't translate to those outside the USA however right wing. Elon should speak globally.

Racism / trying to stoke racial tensions doesn't translate outside the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.