Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I am about to unlock this thread again, I want to remind people that just because "elon said it" it doesnt mean that its allowed content here. There are plenty of other websites one can go to, to discuss politics, race, religion, etc. Since I have warned twice now about this, this is a public notice that other actions may be taken (and will likely be considered punitive).

edit:

Just because "it was posted on twitter" that also does not automatically make it appropriate to post here. If people are wondering why the thread keeps getting locked (and / or they get temp banned), this post is the public notice of that.

Last edited:
Sorry, saw this on Reddit and chuckled.

AA7BF235-2C77-4B50-9680-408F8AD32CC8.jpeg

Linda Yaccarino. Seems boring. Probably a good thing. Hopefully Elon can get back to work on things that aren't completely stupid and pretend that this whole twitter debacle never happened.

Linda Yaccarino. Seems boring. Probably a good thing. Hopefully Elon can get back to work on things that aren't completely stupid and pretend that this whole twitter debacle never happened.

I think it'd be hard for Twitter to hire someone who was already a top notch CEO so it'll be someone who is attracted to simply be a CEO as a promotion. I think a weaker/non-proven CEO candidate (was never a CEO person) means Elon may still pull all the strings and you wonder how much power that person would actually have. I think that's been the reason why it's taken a long time.

I don't see why a CEO people would be willing (or leave their existing gig) to put up with having Elon still as the boss and trying to perform a turnaround, especially for CEOs/folks who are already ultra wealthy.

It's interesting that he's possibly hiring a head of advertising person (good move), when he wants to not depend on advertisers and go some subscription route instead.

It wasn't mentioned since this thread restarted, but Twitter just advertised secure DMs that aren't very secure:

Reactions: advocate8

Linda seems to be more into ads, fashion and things like that looking at her tweets.

Basic question will continue to be - can Elon hold his tongue / can anyone make him. He seems to have mercurial temper and his relationships don't last long (see Taibi fiasco).

• Disagree
Reactions: STUtoday
It’s all about ad revenue, EM will remain heavily involved with product and technology. IF he can regain some of the lost ad revenue and possibly increase it it will be much better overall from a cash flow and profitability standpoint and reduce the need for him to continue to fund it with Tesla sales. I doubt he spends much LESS time with Twitter than he is currently though as the product dev cycle is only just now ramping.

She must have gotten a pretty sweet deal though. ;-)

"Head of advertising" as CEO, perhaps not unrelated to an increased and more direct focus on advertisements, see also:

"Rewards means subscriptions and advertising revenue share (coming soon), which is a function of how many people subscribe and the advertising views associated with the content."

Sounds like Twitter's lawyers talked to Elon and reminded him that:
1. This guy just cost Rupert Murdoch $787.5M
2. Section 230 only applies to third parties
3. If Twitter signs a contract with him, he's no longer a third party, which makes Twitter liable for everything he says

By getting this out there before any significant amounts of content are posted, it would make it much easier for Twitter to defend itself in court if things go south.
It’s all about ad revenue, EM will remain heavily involved with product and technology. IF he can regain some of the lost ad revenue and possibly increase it it will be much better overall from a cash flow and profitability standpoint and reduce the need for him to continue to fund it with Tesla sales. I doubt he spends much LESS time with Twitter than he is currently though as the product dev cycle is only just now ramping.

She must have gotten a pretty sweet deal though. ;-)
I really fail to see how a new CEO will solve the big issue, which is that advertisers don't want to touch that platform with a 10 foot pole as long as Elon is pulling the strings.

Reactions: EVNow and advocate8
Sick: Cat and dog torture videos litter Twitter, adding to concerns about moderation

I do not even want to see this. Although I do want to see the people who did it convicted of animal cruelty and sentenced to death in a blender. It's bad enough when humans attack and kill other humans who can defend themselves, and even worse when they attack animals who can defend themselves, and even worse than that when they kill babies and kittens and puppies. I hope the people who took these videos rot in hell.

As for Twitter, in addition to aspiring to be the new Parler/Gab/Truth Social, I guess it's also aspiring to be the new LiveLeak/4chan/8chan? Yeah, that'll make advertisers want to return, because having an ad for your product next to a video of a kitten dying in a blender is excellent PR. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.