Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon wants to be fired.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started thinking about this a couple months ago, and recent events have changed it from a long-shot possibility to my honest assessment.

Elon isn't having fun any more. Instead of being lauded as the visionary, the next Steve Jobs...he is now the guy that can't put together mid-market cars correctly, and needs a constant stream of investment to subsidize operations.

I think he wants off the hook. Like Uber CEO Travis Kalanick, who was able to exit stage left just when the pressure was on to stop losing $1B per quarter with a DOA business model, Elon is TRYING to get the boot.

Picking fights with Rescue heros, Crazy drug binges, SEC fighting...I call bullshit. I no longer believe this is some manic psych behavior. I think it is an intentional tactic to cause his ouster and replacement. Delivering on the promises got too hard, so now he'd like to save his reputation by being unfairly terminated. Then he would get to retain his stake and its value far longer than if the current trajectory runs it's course.

I own a Model S, and I don't have any positions for or against TSLA, just to head off the usual blah blah. I just think the situation looks a little too suspicious. Waking up to another absurd tweet has crystallized this suspicion.

It has never been a secret that his first love is SpaceX. Unfortunately,it does become easier to believe this thought with each ill advised tweet. There us no doubt that the constant pressure from the sewer dwellers that call themselves short sellers has taken its toll. I honestly could not blame the man if he chose to leave the company and just focus his efforts on his private companies. It would be a shame though.

Dan

Picking fights with Rescue heros, Crazy drug binges, SEC fighting...I call bullshit. I no longer believe this is some manic psych behavior. I think it is an intentional tactic to cause his ouster and replacement. Delivering on the promises got too hard, so now he'd like to save his reputation by being unfairly terminated. Then he would get to retain his stake and its value far longer than if the current trajectory runs it's course.

Interesting theory. If he could arrange to make it look as if he got "unfairly booted" from the company due to the evil SEC or short interests or whatever he might choose to blame, he would remain adulated by his followers. He keeps his stock, gets out from under all the pressure, and when the ship eventually rights itself, he can stride back in as the chosen one returning home. It's a brilliant take.

Last edited:
I started thinking about this a couple months ago, and recent events have changed it from a long-shot possibility to my honest assessment.

I tend to agree with your theory -- but maybe it's more on a subconscious level, although he did say on the Joe Rogan interview words to the effect of...

"I don't think you'd necessarily like to be me... It's very hard to turn of... What if you can't turn it off..."

He will not quit, that's for sure.

Perhaps there's the problem. He's being tortured and has no way out, so he's trying to be forced out, if not consciously then subconsciously.

Reactions: Sean Wagner
No, Elon doesn't want to be fired... I laughed so hard when I read that... He's extremely passionate about Tesla and is simply tired of the grossly unfair treatment it's been given by the market, specifically short sellers, and now the SEC. He's fighting back and it's awesome. I hope he continues to do so actually. The way Tesla's stock is being manipulated by short sellers should be criminal in nature, since it isn't, he's fighting fire with fire.

Does everyone agree with his methods? Obviously not. That being said, I'd rather have him do something no matter how controversial it is rather than just sit there and do nothing while short sellers and their friends at the SEC unfairly attack Tesla.

What shorts are doing to this stock is just so far beyond belief, it's no longer market or fundamentals based, it's an ideological crusade.

Jeff

News outlets are reporting that because of Elon's tweet mocking the SEC, TSLA is down. If that's the reason for the drop in stock price, then why did he do it? It harms Tesla supporters like myself who has a bunch of TSLA shares.

TSLA is down because the whole market is down... Blaming Elon's tweets is a distraction tactic...

Jeff

O maybe, just maybe... enough is enough? Why is everyone out there trying so hard to go after Tesla and Elon Musk specifically? Because he does something out of established boundaries (aka extraordinary)? And no matter how hard he tries it is never enough and dollar short? Just a few examples:

858 Tesla Headlines: 563 Negative & 122 Positive — #Pravduh About #Tesla In September | CleanTechnica
A shadowy op-ed campaign is now smearing SpaceX in space cities

And today's headlines that TSLA is tumbling because of the SEC comment yesterday. So is every tech stock that I care about (NFLX, NVDA, INTL, OCTA, SHOP), both yesterday and today. Are these results of Twitter rant as well? What happened to fact checking?

All this while Tesla has a really stellar run in Q3, outnumbering and out-competing every popular brand out there. Making more cars than they ever did while scoring 5-stars in overall safety on Model 3. Yet, Musk is on drugs, smoking weed and out if his mind are the common headlines. Boo... so important! Oh yeah, I forgot: but... but... they (Tesla) fail to be profitable again. Sheesh...

Everyone is an expert in human psychology nowadays, especially when it comes to dissecting people of brilliance such as Musk.

I said it many times lately, sounds like a broken record: I wish my "failures" would be as spectacular as Elon's. I wish all of ours were - we would be in much better world collectively.

I can only offer a piece of advise to everyone in doubt: if you truly believe and support his mission, stay put and show the support by continuing to invest in the products and stock if you can. Educate people around you on how to separate FUD and search for the truth and facts. Spread the love for EVs and innovation. If you don't believe, care or against for whatever reason, well, there's a PhD material for that: The Truth About Human Brain: Why Facts Don’t Change Our Minds and Facts Don't Actually Change Our Minds—Here's Why - fighting or challenging this is futile, but what do I know.

• Love
Reactions: Canuck and jeffro01
... He's fighting back and it's awesome. I hope he continues to do so actually. The way Tesla's stock is being manipulated by short sellers should be criminal in nature, since it isn't, he's fighting fire with fire.

Does everyone agree with his methods? Obviously not. That being said, I'd rather have him do something no matter how controversial it is rather than just sit there and do nothing while short sellers and their friends at the SEC unfairly attack Tesla.

What shorts are doing to this stock is just so far beyond belief, it's no longer market or fundamentals based, it's an ideological crusade.

Jeff

I read stuff to this effect all the time here. And I just wonder what is so different exactly from "shorts" positing their view, as opposed to all the rah-rah cheerleading that goes on here and at other pro-EV sites?

It's okay to pump up a stock if you're a stockholder, serving your self-interest?

Everyone says how the shorts are always attacking, but I've read a lot of this material and it seems to me a lot of it is simply reporting what they see, what's out there, from a different perspective. Yes some of it's maybe not fair but is anyone really selling Tesla stock because someone points out there's a huge lot of unsold Teslas sitting somewhere? I think the impact of some of this is overstated.

If you don't want to be shorted, don't be public. But that goes back to Elon's 420 tweet so I get it.

For the record I'm not invested in Tesla in either manner.

Yes, to the point that subconsciously Elon is hoping to get fired so he sheds himself of it all. Life's far too short to deal with shorts.

But really, no one here knows, despite categorical statements one way or the other.

O maybe, just maybe... enough is enough?

Everyone is an expert in human psychology nowadays, especially when it comes to dissecting people of brilliance such as Musk.

So you include yourself in that? We're just having fun playing around with what might be going on inside his head. No experts -- just a lot of cooks, one small kitchen, but interesting conversation. Your post was really good and interesting.

I think Elon's life would be MUCH better if he would stay away from the Twitter cesspool.

All of Twitter is increasingly resembling the YouTube comments section and there is no wining or reasoning with that.

He can still communicate with blog posts to get the word out without having to deal with all the abuse and negativity that I'm sure he finds demoralizing. Imagine if he limited Twitter use over the summer. He could have avoided at least 75% of the drama and negativity.

So you include yourself in that? We're just having fun playing around with what might be going on inside his head. No experts -- just a lot of cooks, one small kitchen, but interesting conversation. Your post was really good and interesting.
Ha! Far from it. If anything, maybe a small voice of defense for the poor guy trying to make our future a bit less polluted? :)

Elon isn't having fun any more. Instead of being lauded as the visionary, the next Steve Jobs...he is now the guy that can't put together mid-market cars correctly, and needs a constant stream of investment to subsidize operations.

I think he wants off the hook. Like Uber CEO Travis Kalanick, who was able to exit stage left just when the pressure was on to stop losing $1B per quarter with a DOA business model, Elon is TRYING to get the boot.

I own a Model S, and I don't have any positions for or against TSLA, just to head off the usual blah blah. I just think the situation looks a little too suspicious. Waking up to another absurd tweet has crystallized this suspicion.

Honestly, if he wanted to be Fired, he would just quit, rather than trying to fight what he thinks is an injustice. EM is a fighter, not a quitter.

Nice injection from a short.
His prime company is SpaceX. He is "Steve Jobs" there. Tesla is a possible mean to finance his Mars colony.
Tesla doesn't need constant stream to subsidize. They would want money for quicker expansion. Tesla Model S is amazing car and successfully competes with much more luxurious cars in it's segment. Model 3 is ramped much quicker than in any other car company. 2years is <<4 standard.
One shouldn't look father than at this circus of periodically appearing "Tesla killers".

There is no fight with "rescue heros". This expat is nobody and is "not a member of a rescue team". Musk doesn't use drugs.
SEC fighting is of the same order Mark Cuban had. If they come to your house you have to react. And no he is not going to quite now. Not this year.

Kalanick didn't quit, he was pushed out. It was usual hostile takeover.