Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon: We can reduce the length 6+ inches

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kind of disappointing news. If utility (vault and frunk capacity) and esthetics (look) are not affected, all that’s left is comfort (interior space) to be sacrificed :(
in later comments he indicated that interior space would also not be affected. they are just cutting out the fat.

here's the tweet in question where Elon replies: John D. on Twitter

Quoting Elon on Twitter today about Cybertruck specs:

We can prob reduce width by an inch & maybe reduce length by 6+ inches without losing on utility or esthetics.
Min height is below 75 inches when air suspension set to low. Will post exact number soon.
4:02 PM · Dec 7, 2019 Elon Musk on Twitter

Where do you think the length will be cut from? Let's taco bout it!
About one year ago, I remember Elon Trusk asking to pickup users to submit some list of features they wanted.

May be they should organize some focus group, with users like contractors, to finalize some designs?

That is great news to me, and it will 100% secure my order of the Cybertruck. Please make it so, Elon.

With a few inches shorter in overall length; not only it can be parked inside the garage (for overnight charging,) it can also allow walk-through space to get to the passenger side without opening the garage door (my wife will approve it.)

The Cybertruck is an eye-catching rather-expensive EV. I imagine if I park it on the driveway with a charge cord plugged-in, it would attract strangers to check it out or tamper with it overnight.

(P.S. I will park my old RAM outside on the driveway then. :))

On another matter... I know some buyers who choose the mid-size truck (Colorado, Tacoma, Canyon, etc.) because of the smaller size.... easier to maneuver and park in cities and spaces.

I think the Cororada Crew Cab 6'2" Box is about 224.9 inches long, and the Tacoma Double Cab Long Bed is about 225.5 inches long.

If the Cybertruck is 6+ inches shorter than its current 231.7 inches length, it could cut into the Tacoma/Colorado/Canyon size market.

The top models of these mid-size trucks are already in the $40+K price range. The Cybertruck could become an alternative choice to these buyers too.

Meh. They can take out the second row of seats for all I care. I don’t need ‘em.
Yes, I would like a version with a single row of seats. And a shorter bed. But that is very unlikely to happen during the first year or two of Cybertruck production. If the Cybertruck sells well I think that eventually Tesla will offer different versions in true same way that the current car manufacturers offer different truck versions.