Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon - what have you done for me lately? Autopilot is getting boring - what's next?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:tongue:

It is astonishing how quickly we humans adapt to new technologies and start taking them for granted. With the car doing the driving I have more time to invent complaints - the seats aren't massaging me. They're not as comfy as good MBZ and BMW seats I've had. There could be more sound insulation. I'd like there to be a "magic carpet cloud" suspension mode that soaks up all bumps when Autopilot is engaged - but then switches back to sport when I do the driving.

Give me time - I'll invent more ways to complain about the most magical car ever made.

It is astonishing how quickly we humans adapt to new technologies and start taking them for granted. With the car doing the driving I have more time to invent complaints - the seats aren't massaging me. They're not as comfy as good MBZ and BMW seats I've had. There could be more sound insulation. I'd like there to be a "magic carpet cloud" suspension mode that soaks up all bumps when Autopilot is engaged - but then switches back to sport when I do the driving.

Give me time - I'll invent more ways to complain about the most magical car ever made.

They go to all this trouble to announce the P100D and you want more? :tongue:

First fix the broken apps first (Navigation, Trip Planner, Media Player, range algorithm software, etc...) then upgrade "beta" features (AutoPilot) then after that is done new features.

Stop cluttering up my light hearted joke thread with your serious complaints. There are plenty of other threads for genuine whining. :p

- - - Updated - - -

They go to all this trouble to announce the P100D and you want more? :tongue:

I always want more. That's the trouble...

It's time for the S to start taking me to where it knows I need to go based on my email and calendar.

Also, my car improving monthly is just too tedious to wait for. Must move to weekly updates with vibrating features.

I could use a foot rub.

What else I'm I supposed to do with my feet while TACC is doing it's thing? Does anyone ever drive for very long on the highway without using TACC? The only time I do is at the end of a journey to get my feet moving, and used to actually driving.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop signs & traffic signals would be a welcome update!
I can't wait for the hilarity to ensue after Tesla introduces stop light and stop sign detection.

All the titles of the threads when it doesn't work out quite like people expected.

"My Tesla blew through a stop sign and I got a ticket"
"My Tesla can't play "You go, no you go" very well"
"My Tesla stopped, but the other car didn't. Can we add rear radar to it?"

I suppose perpendicular parking does need some competition in the sorta works, but not really department.

Last edited:
Stop signs & traffic signals would be a welcome update!

I don't know if the camera is wide enough to see all traffic lights when stopped properly - and I know the car can't check for traffic on other sides of a four way stop with the current sensor set.

I guess Tesla could give it a half and half solution - the car stops for stop signs and red lights and shifts to that TACC hold mode, telling you to hit the accelerator when it is safe to move and the car will go from there.
Walter

I'd wager that the "Meet me" upgrade to Autopilot is the next upgrade for those with current Autopilot hardware. Elon talked about your car meeting you at a certain place and time by setting the calendar, such as meeting you at the front of your house when it's time to leave for work. That functionality can't be too far away, and since it was promised, I'd be surprised to see it bypassed.

You our should send him a tweet.

I'd wager that the "Meet me" upgrade to Autopilot is the next upgrade for those with current Autopilot hardware. Elon talked about your car meeting you at a certain place and time by setting the calendar, such as meeting you at the front of your house when it's time to leave for work. That functionality can't be too far away, and since it was promised, I'd be surprised to see it bypassed.

Link? Are you saying he promised this for the current AP or some distinct "vision"?

Link? Are you saying he promised this for the current AP or some distinct "vision"?

It was in the D unveiling presentation (which can be found on Tesla's website under the Model S tab)

EDIT: He did not specify that it was for current AP specifically, but he explained it as "It will..."

Last edited: