TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Elon - what have you done for me lately? Autopilot is getting boring - what's next?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by calisnow, Mar 6, 2016.

1. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

:tongue:

It is astonishing how quickly we humans adapt to new technologies and start taking them for granted. With the car doing the driving I have more time to invent complaints - the seats aren't massaging me. They're not as comfy as good MBZ and BMW seats I've had. There could be more sound insulation. I'd like there to be a "magic carpet cloud" suspension mode that soaks up all bumps when Autopilot is engaged - but then switches back to sport when I do the driving.

Give me time - I'll invent more ways to complain about the most magical car ever made.

2. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

I feel your pain. I was, however, excited the other day when she finally autoparked herself! There are still some things that can surprise. But, yes, we need more!

3. tezzla

tezzla Member

Stop signs & traffic signals would be a welcome update!

4. 1208

1208 Active Member

Add KITT voice.

5. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

"I'm sorry Dave. I can't do that."

6. msnow

msnow Active Member

First fix the broken apps first (Navigation, Trip Planner, Media Player, range algorithm software, etc...) then upgrade "beta" features (AutoPilot) then after that is done new features.

7. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

They go to all this trouble to announce the P100D and you want more? :tongue:

8. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

Make it bigger on the inside than on the outside? TARDIS upgrade.

9. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Stop cluttering up my light hearted joke thread with your serious complaints. There are plenty of other threads for genuine whining. :p

- - - Updated - - -

I always want more. That's the trouble...

10. Nevek

Nevek Overt Member

It's time for the S to start taking me to where it knows I need to go based on my email and calendar.

Also, my car improving monthly is just too tedious to wait for. Must move to weekly updates with vibrating features.

11. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

#11 S4WRXTTCS, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    I could use a foot rub.

What else I'm I supposed to do with my feet while TACC is doing it's thing? Does anyone ever drive for very long on the highway without using TACC? The only time I do is at the end of a journey to get my feet moving, and used to actually driving.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't wait for the hilarity to ensue after Tesla introduces stop light and stop sign detection.

All the titles of the threads when it doesn't work out quite like people expected.

"My Tesla blew through a stop sign and I got a ticket"
    "My Tesla can't play "You go, no you go" very well"
    "My Tesla stopped, but the other car didn't. Can we add rear radar to it?"

I suppose perpendicular parking does need some competition in the sorta works, but not really department.

12. Fanatic1

Fanatic1 Member

Get it all done! New and old! ;) concurrent development.

13. Beryl

Beryl Member

Good idea. A notification or warning tone would be appreciated in the interim. "Stop sign in X meters/feet"

Also, I would prefer voice warnings (e.g. "Autosteer off") for differentiation. The same tone for all of the warnings is problematic.

14. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

I don't know if the camera is wide enough to see all traffic lights when stopped properly - and I know the car can't check for traffic on other sides of a four way stop with the current sensor set.

I guess Tesla could give it a half and half solution - the car stops for stop signs and red lights and shifts to that TACC hold mode, telling you to hit the accelerator when it is safe to move and the car will go from there.
    Walter

15. Paulharmo

Paulharmo Member

I'd wager that the "Meet me" upgrade to Autopilot is the next upgrade for those with current Autopilot hardware. Elon talked about your car meeting you at a certain place and time by setting the calendar, such as meeting you at the front of your house when it's time to leave for work. That functionality can't be too far away, and since it was promised, I'd be surprised to see it bypassed.

16. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

I'm interested in seeing what kind of car-to-car coordination, like efficient highway road trains of Model Ss and Xs, they can achieve. Or if it will happen with M3 first.

17. halg

halg Member

You our should send him a tweet.

18. msnow

msnow Active Member

Link? Are you saying he promised this for the current AP or some distinct "vision"?

19. Paulharmo

Paulharmo Member

#19 Paulharmo, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    It was in the D unveiling presentation (which can be found on Tesla's website under the Model S tab)

EDIT: He did not specify that it was for current AP specifically, but he explained it as "It will..."

20. msnow

msnow Active Member

No matter but I hope you're right.