Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon will deliver the first batch of Model S to Chinese customers on April 22nd!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Model S today!!

my Model s s.jpg

Thank you guys, I finally got my Model S after 7 months of waiting, anyway, it is definitely worthwhile for that! the car is spectacular , I just love it so much, though I did not sleep in the car for the first night:biggrin:. I'd like to share some information about the Chinese version Model S:

1\ supercharger in China : currently there are 3 superchargers in China, 2 of them which have 6 stalls respectively are in service in Shanghai, the one in Beijing is not in service, because the location of this one is just outside Tesla China Office building which is now under renovation, I think this will be in service in June when the office renovation is done.

2\ Language: Chinese version has default Chinese language, but it also has English as an option, to select English, the system need to reboot again.

3\ Charge port: The Chinese charging port is different from the NA version, I was told that it is the same standard as it of EU,

4\ Navigation: currently we still haven't got the navigation or google maps in the car, they will push the app in June, Tesla will provide local navigation service for the Chinese owner, because google map is not legal to use in China.:mad:

5\ number of current delivery: I assume that Tesla have delivered more than 60 in Beijing as of today, and some other 30 in Shanghai? totally 200 by the end of this week in China.

6\ Instead of UMC, here in China, Tesla provides HPWC for each owner because of safety concerns, still there are no Chinese version UMC available.

I will come back with more pics of my car in a few days, and share some of my experience with you!

Thank you guys, I finally got my Model S after 7 months of waiting, anyway, it is definitely worthwhile for that! the car is spectacular , I just love it so much, though I did not sleep in the car for the first night:biggrin:. I'd like to share some information about the Chinese version Model S:

1\ supercharger in China : currently there are 3 superchargers in China, 2 of them which have 6 stalls respectively are in service in Shanghai, the one in Beijing is not in service, because the location of this one is just outside Tesla China Office building which is now under renovation, I think this will be in service in June when the office renovation is done.

2\ Language: Chinese version has default Chinese language, but it also has English as an option, to select English, the system need to reboot again.

3\ Charge port: The Chinese charging port is different from the NA version, I was told that it is the same standard as it of EU,

4\ Navigation: currently we still haven't got the navigation or google maps in the car, they will push the app in June, Tesla will provide local navigation service for the Chinese owner, because google map is not legal to use in China.:mad:

5\ number of current delivery: I assume that Tesla have delivered more than 60 in Beijing as of today, and some other 30 in Shanghai? totally 200 by the end of this week in China.

6\ Instead of UMC, here in China, Tesla provides HPWC for each owner because of safety concerns, still there are no Chinese version UMC available.

I will come back with more pics of my car in a few days, and share some of my experience with you!

Thanks xdguo. So are the back seats the same as the North America version? I thought the Chinese version would have "executive seats".

Last edited:
Thank you guys, I finally got my Model S after 7 months of waiting, anyway, it is definitely worthwhile for that!

Beautiful car, congratulations! Thank you for keeping us up to date on all the developments in China.

Just curious - was your 7 month wait above/below average in your opinion. Given all the media talk of delays for Chinese deliveries after the 1Q SEC filings and Mr. Musk's apology tour to customers, I figured the delays were much longer. Maybe I just have a warped view because of how long the delays were for US signature models, so 7 months seems like a short time to evoke such a response. I guess not everyone can have Bonnie's patience, it seems like she has been waiting patiently on that Signature Model X reservation for a decade already.

Since I am among the first group of reservation holders when Tesla formally announced its sales in China on last August, the 7 month waiting seems OK to me. The reason for the delivery complain from some of the Chinese customers is that they are also among the first group and they were also orally promised to get the car as soon as the first batch of cars arrive China when they made the reservation, unfortunately, they are not from Beijing or Shanghai where service centers have been set up, Tesla can not guarantee they could get the proper service, since it takes time to set up more service centers in other cities.

As far as I know, currently the delivery time is around 3-4 months.

Beautiful car, congratulations! Thank you for keeping us up to date on all the developments in China.

Just curious - was your 7 month wait above/below average in your opinion. Given all the media talk of delays for Chinese deliveries after the 1Q SEC filings and Mr. Musk's apology tour to customers, I figured the delays were much longer. Maybe I just have a warped view because of how long the delays were for US signature models, so 7 months seems like a short time to evoke such a response. I guess not everyone can have Bonnie's patience, it seems like she has been waiting patiently on that Signature Model X reservation for a decade already.

Congratulations xdguo!! Thanks for being an early adopter of the Chinese version of the Model S :biggrin:
Hopefully there won't be too many bugs to fix with the new version.