Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon wins... we all win....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon Musk's Act of Civil Disobedience Pays Off, as California Health Officials Back Down | Dan Sanchez

Musk won back a measure of freedom by peacefully asserting his rights. Will others follow his lead?

Yesterday evening, Alameda County health officials backed down in their conflict with Elon Musk, reversing their shutdown order and granting provisional approval for Tesla's Fremont, California plant to reopen.​

Seriously, you can't find a better propaganda source than this hack?

Do Zombies Scare Democrats and Vampires Spook Republicans? | Dan Sanchez

EddieRosiles on Twitter

HUGE THANK YOU
@elonmusk
for the full accommodation and ensuring that social distancing is not only implemented in manufacturing but also on shuttles! I along with my coworkers feel very safe!
@thirdrowtesla
@elonmusk
@ACSOSheriffs
@GavinNewsom
#TSLA

It's very odd to see someone so happy that innocent people are being put at risk unnecessarily so a billionaire can make a few more dollars they don't need... Yes, lets champion ignorance and blind loyalty, that'll get us where we need to go long term... :rolleyes:

Jeff

Ah yes the old, "well at least they had a job when they died" argument...

Jeff
Why is it always extremes? "Sacrificing our elderly for the sake of the almighty dollar." It goes much deeper than that and is much more complex. Your oversimplification and assumption of the worst is not representative of reality...in my opinion.

Dan

Will see more of this.

Wisconsin Supreme Court just ruled that the Governor did not have the right to pick and choose which companies were essential and which were not. Was not legal to not apply restrictions to some favored businesses, but restrict those deemed by the Governor as non-essential. Never described what the criteria was for being exempt or not.

Compared it to putting Japaneese into interment camps during WWII just because of their appearance, while other US Citizens were allowed to walk around freely.

Congress has been also guilty of choosing who can get taxpayer money and who are shut out. Money was supposed to go to small businesses to maintain their employees. Ended up going to well connected large corporations and favored fine arts theaters. Corruption at the highest levels of Congress.

I applaud Elon for his decision to challenge what may end up being very illegal proclamations.

In Asia I often see people walking around wearing masks. They do so when they are ill or to protect from pollution. Never saw them imprisoned or impose a large fine if they choose not to wear them.

On the other hand, I recognize this is a challenging situation and mostly remain at home and wear a mask when outside or near others.

It's very odd to see someone so happy that innocent people are being put at risk unnecessarily so a billionaire can make a few more dollars they don't need... Yes, lets champion ignorance and blind loyalty, that'll get us where we need to go long term... :rolleyes:

Jeff

Go ahead, vote for Bernie, put all the Bernies into power... you'll never see anything like a Tesla or an iPhone ever get built again

Jeff

Just how did Elon get to be a billionaire? Oh yeah, conceiving, marketing, inventing, and building innovations far ahead of their time. Are we better off for this or worse off?

Setting aside lots of popcorn for when all these "freedom" crying snowflakes start the next wave of the outbreak.

Only in america it's possible to re-open because they're tired of the lockdown, and not because the virus has been dealt with.

Define “dealt with”

I was told the lockdowns were to flatten the curve. Flattening the curve was so that we would not overwhelm the hospitals. All US hospitals now have ample ICU capacity.

The White House plan for reopening has criteria such as 14 days with no increase. States have also defined similar such a criteria for re-opening.

So again what is the definition of “dealt with” that you speak of that people who want to reopen are supposedly not considering?

Define “dealt with”

I was told the lockdowns were to flatten the curve. Flattening the curve was so that we would not overwhelm the hospitals. All US hospitals now have ample ICU capacity.

The White House plan for reopening has criteria such as 14 days with no increase. States have also defined similar such a criteria for re-opening.

So again what is the definition of “dealt with” that you speak of that people who want to reopen are supposedly not considering?
It’s 14 days of declining cases actually.

“Downward trajectory of documented cases within a 14-day period”

The goal posts moved at some point over the past 4-6 weeks. It started with flatten the curve, and changed to finding a cure or vaccine or whatever. Will be interesting to see the results of the different responses in a few months.

I assume everyone here is OK with setting their dreams and goals on hold indefinitely.

There will never be a vaccine for C19 that is more effective than the vaccine for H1N1. The reason is we have never hit 50% participation in the flu shots, and C19 will just be part of the flu shots.
So it's not ever going away.

I assume everyone here is OK with setting their dreams and goals on hold indefinitely.

There will never be a vaccine for C19 that is more effective than the vaccine for H1N1. The reason is we have never hit 50% participation in the flu shots, and C19 will just be part of the flu shots.
So it's not ever going away.

Flu shot is not completely effective, to imply low participation in vaccine for flu or this are the reason they will continue to exist in is a baldfaced lie.
C19 will be here forever because it is highly infectious and very frequently asymptomatic. It was a done deal the day a sloppy lab let it jump to people, no politicians could stop it.

Flu shot is not completely effective, to imply low participation in vaccine for flu or this are the reason they will continue to exist in is a baldfaced lie.
C19 will be here forever because it is highly infectious and very frequently asymptomatic. It was a done deal the day a sloppy lab let it jump to people, no politicians could stop it.

Less than 1/2 the people get their flu shots. Tens of thousands die each year because of it. Why is a coronavirus (not the only coronavirus) any different? Sure they will take their 2021 shot but...

Look up participation by year for flu vaccination on the CDC site. I'm tired of posting it because nobody believes it even from the CDC.