Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon's Bromance with Cheeto Jesus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The double standard here is just appalling... Could you imagine the outrage from the right if President Obama/Democrats had done any of these:

Benefitted by Putin interfering in the election?
Talked and communicated like the current President does?
Refused to vote on a SCOTUS nominee?
Hung up on a foreign head of state?
Mocked a disabled person?
Mocked McCain for getting captured?
Created a fake terrorist attack?
Allowed Michelle to live in a golden mansion in NYC at taxpayer expense?

The list goes on and on....

One thing that this election has proven is that Republicans have no principles, decency, or morality despite constantly trying to claim the moral high ground. Someone who hates public schools, has never attended a public school, thinks public schools should be defunded, is about to be in charge of the Department of Eduction...??? What is wrong with this picture? I could pick on a few other cabinet picks but this one is the worst...

What if President Obama had done any of those things, or chosen any of those types of cabinet picks??? The right would be having kittens right now, bundles and bundle of kittens... However since "their" guy did it, it's now perfectly OKAY????

Things are so egregiously backwards right now...

Jeff

Your list of main stream media talking points are old material. Anything new?

Beating people up, starting fires, damaging property, trying to silence anybody you disagree with all because you lost an election. "Tolerance".

Last edited:
Your list of main stream media talking points are old material. Anything new?
Yes, "facts" are now liberal talking points, whereas "alternative facts" are the truth.

Beating people up, starting fires, damaging property, trying to silence anybody you disagree with all because you lost an election. "Tolerance".

A talking point would be an upgrade from this, which is just noise. Was your property damaged? Was I the one that damaged it? Anyone on TMC that burned down your house or pissed in your cereal this morning?

Reactions: callmesam
Yes, "facts" are now liberal talking points, whereas "alternative facts" are the truth.

A talking point would be an upgrade from this, which is just noise. Was your property damaged? Was I the one that damaged it? Anyone on TMC that burned down your house or pissed in your cereal this morning?

"Talked and communicated like the current President does?" is not a fact.

Sad you guys don't condone all the violence that is happening. Really is dividing our country.

• Disagree
Reactions: callmesam
Sad you guys don't condone all the violence that is happening. Really is dividing our country.

I assume you meant either "don't condemn" or "do condone". In either case I'm sure we all condemn the (very limited) violence which is occurring. It's irrational and misplaced. However the violence is not dividing our country, that happened long ago, and has simply been exacerbated by the election of an unpopular president by a minority of the population.

I assume you meant either "don't condemn" or "do condone". In either case I'm sure we all condemn the (very limited) violence which is occurring. It's irrational and misplaced. However the violence is not dividing our country, that happened long ago, and has simply been exacerbated by the election of an unpopular president by a minority of the population.

Irrelevant popular vote talking point. Check

Reactions: James Anders
With concerns to the number of people voting: I have no issue with people who voted and protest (peacefully) over their concerns about policy.
My gripe is the over 40% of registered voters who did not vote...you have no standing to protest in my book.

Rant over

The majority of people must be thick headed and can't grasp we use a electoral college then.
Because Republicans were so good at the "accept the vote (electoral college) and its consequences" when the President was Black and not Orange. It's America. Losers of elections bitch, stall, filibuster, undercut, run rear guard actions, foment discontent, obfuscate.....it's what we do. All ya'll are being a little like the minister discovered naked in the whorehouse and pleading innocence. Many Republicans foretold the end to American when Barack Hussein Obama was elected. Didn't happen. Many Democrats are foretelling the end to democracy as we know it because of Cheeto.

When did America become so delicate. We survived revolution, Civil War, The Great Depression, two World Wars, Vietnam and The Civil Rights movement and Obamacare and Cheeto are going to be our end of days? Do we think so little of ourselves? America and democracy will survive. Judges in a Seattle will be a check on an ill-conceived executive action. CEOs from Silicon Valley will try to steer policy toward sustainable goals. People will propose things that other people think are destined to be the end to society as we know it. They won't be.

A fair number of people will be destined to be on the wrong side of history, yet most, like Governor Wallace, will be dead before history judges them. And we will put Humpty Dumpty back together, slap solar panels on him and plug in our electric cars. It is what we do. Viva la Revolution!(at least until the revolution disagrees with me).

Reactions: JRP3 and ohmman
No, it's simply an explanation why a majority of people are rather unhappy that a person for whom they did not vote ended up being president. You can't pretend a president elected by a minority is going to have broad support.

Once you eliminate California, Hillary had less states and less people behind her.

California hands out Driver's Licenses with no required documentation if you are foreign born and not documented by any US sources.
California asks you if you are eligible to vote under penalty of perjury. Nobody who lies has ever been prosecuted.

So whatever the November vote was or was not in California is sort of pointless. There is nothing stopping people from voting 25 times unless you are a citizen. Just register to vote 25 times. Only if you are a citizen can they catch you. Our state officials said there was zero voter fraud because we have heavy prosecution. Neither is true.

Register to Vote

Just mark that you don't have an address, or a driver's license, or a Social Security card. Check that you were born in a foreign country. Use a different name each time.

Once you eliminate California, Hillary had less states and less people behind her.
This makes zero sense. California is the most populous state. You can't have anything resembling any representative election by eliminating it from the results
California hands out Driver's Licenses with no required documentation if you are foreign born and not documented by any US sources.
California asks you if you are eligible to vote under penalty of perjury. Nobody who lies has ever been prosecuted.

So whatever the November vote was or was not in California is sort of pointless. There is nothing stopping people from voting 25 times unless you are a citizen. Just register to vote 25 times. Only if you are a citizen can they catch you. Our state officials said there was zero voter fraud because we have heavy prosecution. Neither is true.

Register to Vote

Just mark that you don't have an address, or a driver's license, or a Social Security card. Check that you were born in a foreign country. Use a different name each time.
Again with the voter fraud claims? Even the Republicans said Trump should drop this claim as there is zero evidence supporting it (feel free to cite some evidence of this being a problem large enough to tilt votes in Trump's favor in California). There might be a handful of cases nationwide, but no evidence this even makes a blip in the actual election results.

All the evidence is pointing to Trump being one of the most unpopular presidents in history (including new approval ratings released recently).

Reactions: OBX John
This makes zero sense. California is the most populous state. You can't have anything resembling any representative election by eliminating it from the results

Again with the voter fraud claims? Even the Republicans said Trump should drop this claim as there is zero evidence supporting it (feel free to cite some evidence of this being a problem large enough to tilt votes in Trump's favor in California). There might be a handful of cases nationwide, but no evidence this even makes a blip in the actual election results.

All the evidence is pointing to Trump being one of the most unpopular presidents in history (including new approval ratings released recently).

Sure. Check out an older Pew Research Study on Voter Fraud. They found that more than 1.8 million dead people are currently registered to vote. And 24 million registrations are either invalid or inaccurate. Of course without voter ID there's no real way to get an accurate number. This is why we need Voter ID. And really, in today's world it's not difficult to get an ID card. ID is needed for just about any transaction.

Last edited:
That reminds me of all the evidence pointing to Hilary in a landslide, completely oblivious to the mood of the majority of the country. I 100% doubt that's fallen so far in 3 months.

Well Democrats started and supported the KKK... Just saying.
HillaryConfederate2a.jpg

@kort677 - I'm not even going to bother looking it up. I've long recognized that I probably would be more a Republican if I was looking at what the party used to be. But now I align more closely with the values of today's Democratic party.

Fun graphic, I'm sure, and it probably elicits some emotional responses. But I doubt it lends towards furthering a real conversation. My assumption here is that everyone here wants at least a clean environment, clean water. I'm absolutely sure we disagree on a lot of other issues. But in that one area, I hope we all agree. So now we're really down to discussing how best to achieve at least our one mutual goal.

But hey, if you want to talk about the past and ignore the present, I'm sure there will be people you can distract with that. I'd rather have real conversations. :)

I find it interesting about how GOPers ignore the past 50 years of history. Yes, the Democratic Party used the party of those things. They ignore the fact that after the Civil Rights Act was passed, the Southern Dems left the party, and joined the GOP. They ignore the fact that ever since the GOP has employed the Southern Strategy appealing to Southern whites. They especially ignore that those haters in that picture someone posted a couple of posts above me endorsed Trump, and Steve Bannon, Trump's adviser, is openly the media baron of those figures.

Reactions: JRP3