TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Elon's promises with model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by guillaumef, Mar 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. guillaumef

guillaumef Member

5 stars safety in every category

0-60mph in less than 6 seconds

some versions will be faster

215 miles/charge, with possibility to be exceeded

standard autopilot hardware (didn't talk about software)

fits 5 adults comfortably (emphasises on the confortably)

best roomyness in its class

supercharging standard (the screen said supercharging capability)

frunk+trunk

double superchargers to 7200 in the end of 2017

quadruple destination chargers to 15000 in the end of 2017

441 tesla service center in the end of 2017

gigafactory operational as of today

delivery at the end of next year

35 000 USD

Best car even with no options

115 000 reservations! In past 24h

2. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

The Gigafactory has been active for a while making the Powerwall Tecnology. They won't be moving the production of the car batteries to the Gigafacrory for white. The model 3 will use a different form factor and Tecnology for batteries which won't happen for a while.

3. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

5 stars safety in every category - This is not surprising.

0-60mph in less than 6 seconds - This makes perfect sense.

some versions will be faster - Performance and dual motors will get better 0-60 just like S and X.

215 miles/charge, with possibility to be exceeded - I'll bet these cars have Model S/X batteries in them. Until they have a final design filled with official Model 3 batteries in them they can only speculate. I'd bet on this they are being very conservative.

standard autopilot hardware (didn't talk about software) - Yeah. For safety it's included. Autopilot features will probably cost extra.

fits 5 adults comfortably (emphasises on the confortably) - This is not surprising. It's an EV using a skateboard battery pack.

best roomyness in its class - Yes. Go Tesla.

supercharging standard (the screen said supercharging capability) - The implication was that it was included and free.

frunk+trunk - No surprise there.

double superchargers to 7200 in the end of 2017 - Moving right along. The technology has been improved and will probably improve even more.

quadruple destination chargers to 15000 in the end of 2017 - Fantastic.

441 tesla service center in the end of 2017 - Needed for any issues with S 3 X and to maintain their spectacular service record.

gigafactory operational as of today - Sure is. I'm not sure if they're producing any Model 3 batteries there yet. That battery is just as important as the car, maybe more so.

delivery at the end of next year - Tesla and Elon are trying very hard to stick to this timetable. They will come close, no matter what.

35 000 USD - It will be a compelling car without any extras. With the extras, I'm sure it will be spectacular.

Best car even with no options - I would not be surprised.

115 000 reservations! In past 24h - 500K by the end of this year is not too unreasonable.

• Informative x 1