Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon's Thanksgiving gift: Beta 5 coming in a few days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could you make the argument that someone established enough to shell out $10,000 for a piece of software is responsible enough to handle the beta? Please Elon, wide release

Several videos of people who own Teslas sitting in the back seat on the highway at 80 mph with nobody else in the car on AP1.0.

Stupid morons can have money and are more likely to spend it...so yes you could make the argument but it wouldn’t be a very good one.

Any word of the 4.0 FSD new chip?

No. Not that I know of.

Could you make the argument that someone established enough to shell out $10,000 for a piece of software is responsible enough to handle the beta? Please Elon, wide release

I am sure being a responsible driver is an important factor. Tesla probably did pick owners with good safety records for the FSD Beta. But I don't think it is the only factor. It is also true that Tesla sent the FSD Beta to a lot of pro-Elon youtubers. In fact, we know Elon added some people to the FSD Beta simply because they are connected to prominent youtubers that Elon likes. So I don't think we can ignore the marketing aspect. Elon wants people who can promote the Tesla brand. FSD Beta is as much about promoting Tesla as it is about testing FSD.

Reactions: powertoold
Any word of the 4.0 FSD new chip?
While everyone should expect better hardware as time goes on, including the FSD computer with new chips and better camera sensors, etc...
Elon just today re-affirmed that the current sensor suite is capable of "360 degree, high fps video labeling, training and inference" (prediction)
I would suggest focusing on what is possible with hardware that we have in over a million cars on the road vs what will come out later.
upload_2020-11-24_10-16-39.png

Reactions: DanCar