Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon's Tweet - Drive On Nav Wide Release Tonight in NA!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it awesome?
I'm one of those who always had the rear-view camera up top on the screen, and with this update you can put it almost at the top. So for me, the update has all the benefits of V9 without the downside.

Been playing around with autodrive on Nav. It handled the 5N to 710N transition great on a drive from SD to LA this morning. We'll see..

Several months ago, didn't Musk claim we would soon have the ability to request sending an update to our cars? [and eliminate the wait to get to the top of their seemingly random distribution list...]

Several months ago, didn't Musk claim we would soon have the ability to request sending an update to our cars? [and eliminate the wait to get to the top of their seemingly random distribution list...]

He did say that. But I think all he was referring to, was the ability to start the installation from the Tesla app, rather than having to go to the car to start it,

Reactions: K3Man
This is a complete waist of time... It's not very good... For starters, it doesn't handle merges very well (one it didn't handle at all and I had to take over). Two, and this is the biggest issue I have... WHY is Tesla restricting autosteer to very slow speed limits on on/off/connector ramps??? This is horrible actually, almost got rear ended when getting off the freeway at 75 only to have a 35mph autosteer restriction kick in the moment I hit the ramp so the car braked aggressively to get the speed down. If Tesla is going to do this then they need to remove these ridiculous and stupid autosteer speed restrictions. Got stuck in the slow lane, kept waiting for the car to want to change to the fast lane and it never tried so after 2 miles I gave up and did it myself. I have that setting set one down from the most aggressive and if it's not going to pick it up then, it's concerning to see what it will take to pick it up... Overall I'm very disappointed with whatever "navigate on autopilot" is supposed to be... As always, YMMV...

Jeff

• Informative
Reactions: bayx
I used it today several times. The first time it worked pretty well, slowed down on the ramp to enter the freeway, merged quite well and no issues beyond since I didn't exit with it. Second time was very shaky, it wanted to move into the left/fast lane 1 mile before exit to the right lane, I stayed in the right lane as I knew the exit was coming, it did exit to the right and into a 25 mph on ramp at 50 mph. I was ready and had to take over. Entrance to the freeway was not good as a car was on my left when I arrived at the entrance, the car continued at the same speed and same lane headed into another exit ramp if I didn't take over. A few additional times with similar experiences. I will forgo anymore Drive By Nav. until is gets a bit more stable. I love the car and love how auto pilot has been thus far but this is a little to risky for me to keep going. Perhaps another try when no one else is with me I will do a few more runs. Interesting the time when it was going 50 mph into a 25 mph ramp was between 2 major interstate junctions, not sure if that has any relevance but not like it was a lesser traveled highway.

• Informative
Reactions: bayx