Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon's Tweet on Tire Pressure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my 2020 Model Y when I set Recirculate Cabin Air to ON the Climate Control system remains in Auto mode.
I tried, and yesterday I could just switch on recirculate without dropping out of 'auto'. However, today I noticed the climate control had changed to manual mode without me making any change (except using the app to pre-cool the vehicle, which when used before did not change the mode). Not sure what is going on here...

I tried, and yesterday I could just switch on recirculate without dropping out of 'auto'. However, today I noticed the climate control had changed to manual mode without me making any change (except using the app to pre-cool the vehicle, which when used before did not change the mode). Not sure what is going on here...
If you have Easy Access enabled under the drive profile settings the Climate Control settings can get saved under the Easy Access profile instead of your driver profile. When you buckle your seat belt, start driving your profile activates including the climate control settings you previously set.

Thank you.
I wonder, as you are there, whether you have been able to clarify the situation regarding 12 Volt Tyre Compressors with the new Lithium iron 16 volt batterie.

Lizzie's tyres have lost a couple or three pounds for the first time since 29 June/3,252 miles.
I use a Ryobi battery-operated inflator, so no experience with plug-in compressors. The compressor manufacturer should be able to answer questions regarding acceptable DC input voltage range.

Reactions: sleepydoc
I put in 41lbs in my 21 inch Ubertines and ride is much better less bouncy. Driving after an hour the pressure shows about 43lbs . Right now parked in the garage, it still shows 43lbs. See pic attached. But when you drive it’s back to 41lbs. It’s so weird. Do not drive at 45lbs , the tires do expand at higher speed and may experience a blowout also.

Attachments

• C3FE40AC-CA76-4C48-BDAE-0EAF8B4D02C9.png
    C3FE40AC-CA76-4C48-BDAE-0EAF8B4D02C9.png
    456.7 KB · Views: 60
I put in 41lbs in my 21 inch Ubertines and ride is much better less bouncy. Driving after an hour the pressure shows about 43lbs . Right now parked in the garage, it still shows 43lbs. See pic attached. But when you drive it’s back to 41lbs. It’s so weird. Do not drive at 45lbs , the tires do expand at higher speed and may experience a blowout also.
The maximum pressure marked on the tires is about 50 psi. It doesn't mean that it will explode at 50 psi though. So, you should be safe even at 45 psi or higher.

Reactions: Pianewman
So I found an old tweet by Elon that reducing the tire pressure to 39 would soften the ride but lose some range. I have the 21 Uberturbines. Has anyone tried this yet and if so what was range loss? Currently running at 45 psi and ride is hard.
I put the 20 inch Uberturbines from a M3P (20x9) on my MYP, and three things happened:

1) The ride got soft enough that it doesn’t kick your butt anymore
2) The 20 in Uberturbines aren’t flush with the tires, so they do t get road rash
3) The efficiency went up to that point that I get ~330 miles out of a charge

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
I put the 20 inch Uberturbines from a M3P (20x9) on my MYP, and three things happened:

1) The ride got soft enough that it doesn’t kick your butt anymore
2) The 20 in Uberturbines aren’t flush with the tires, so they do t get road rash
3) The efficiency went up to that point that I get ~330 miles out of a charge
Any tyre compressor issues with the new 15.5 volt battery?