Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EM on Twitter: Easter egg to uncork full performance on P100DL?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So paying for the feature isn't enough? you also have to find a secret method to enable it? I love easter eggs in software, but they're meant to be fun jokes and the like, not actual features that you already paid for.
I took it to mean that they built more performance into the car by over-engineering it. The performance you bought is the performance that was advertised. Now that they've done sufficient QA testing, they can increase the power. All owners of P100DL will get an update to increase performance, not that the owners would have to know some secret code to unlock it.

I think the "easter egg" is that they built in more capability with intent of releasing it eventually and now they will. I don't think they expect people to literally have to do a cheat code to get more power.

Elon said "to uncork full performance". Not "additional peformance".

So that is implying what you currently pay for is NOT full performance.

This is not a lot difference that saying its a 4 door sedan but to unlock the rear doors you have to find an easter egg.

You're paying for the performance Tesla guaranteed your when you bought the car. Maybe they've been able to raise their tolerances on certain variables or program the motor controller to be even better after delivery? Wouldn't you want that? But did you pay for it - was it promised you?

Looks like P100D definitely getting more performance, with Plaid reserved for next gen roadster (had to google Tartan, looks like it's a pattern similar to Plaid lol):

image.jpeg

And maybe a release timeline (ot just an early release for dragtimes):

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DIL
Imagine how other manufacturers must feel having to keep changing their target performance. The Mission E Tesla killer is being toasted before it is even off the drawing board. (Although it is a sweet looking car)--How far behind will it be when it is produced 2-3 years from now? By then, Roadster 2.0 with Plaid, will likely compete with handling promised by Porsche.

Reactions: DIL
Since I got my car Tesla released a new nose, 2 more powerful versions of the P90D battery, the P100D, Autopilot 2.0, a new glass roof and God knows what else. I was honestly upset about the new nose but now I think my "Classic P90DL" is really quite special.

As much as I love having Ludicrous mode I just don't think it needs to be more Ludicrous than it already is on public roads. Another 0.4 seconds 0-60? Really? 2.8 wasn't fast enough? Tesla is just taking the piss out of every other manufacturer.

Disclaimer: I will be 50 in another 4 years.

Imagine how other manufacturers must feel having to keep changing their target performance. The Mission E Tesla killer is being toasted before it is even off the drawing board. (Although it is a sweet looking car)--How far behind will it be when it is produced 2-3 years from now? By then, Roadster 2.0 with Plaid, will likely compete with handling promised by Porsche.

The way Tesla are going, even "poverty spec" Model 3's will probably be able to dust BMW M cars and non-Turbo Porsches from 0-60.

Reactions: bhzmark
I'm assuming the Easter Egg-access is because the "uncorked" performance allows the battery to run hotter.

If it could be always-on, like Ludicrous, it would affect pack calendar life.

Or something.