Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Email Alerts require site visit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really enjoy the ability to get email alerts to the threads that I'm following. However it would be nice if I did not have to visit the site after in order to receive subsequent emails. I'm able to read the full post in my email, so what value is there in visiting the site in order to re-enable emails for the next post?

Any thoughts on adding a preference to enable emails to keep coming without needing to visit the site?

I understand what you're getting at, but practically speaking, email alerts for every new post would not be a good idea. That would increase the number of emails we send out by maybe a factor of 10 or more, WAG. It would significantly increase our costs and probably hurt our email reputation meaning many of those additional emails would be going into a spam box.

I'm able to read the full post in my email
Turns out there are many people that don't understand that it's simply an email notification. Even though it says right there "Do not reply to this email", there are plenty of folks that reply to the email thinking they're replying to the post. This problem is even worse with PMs/Conversations. :rolleyes: