TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

email from Taptes?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by VanillaAir_UK, Jan 9, 2020.

1. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

Anyone get an email from Taptes regarding RHD floor mats?

I have never bought anything from Taptes nor would I have signed up for any mailing list. I use numerous email addresses and aliases, but so far, not sure which alias it got sent to.

So not sure where they got my details from? Quite a specific target, RHD.

2. ProfessorK

ProfessorK Member

Yeah I got it too, but I have bought stuff from them.

A second set of RHD Model 3 mats came to my house last night - I've had mine since early december, so if anyone is looking for any send me a message and we can negotiate (you can pay for postage, basically!)

3. Roy W.

Roy W. Battery running low...

I’ve bought from TapTes several times, but so far, no email. :confused:

4. Chalks99

Chalks99 Member

Yes please ! DM sent

5. Chalks99

Chalks99 Member

I have bought a couple of small things from them (TapTes); I too received an email about the all weather mats this morning. Are they an approved supplier of any of the forums out there ? It might be that the forums have passed our contact details across to them in return for advertising fees or preferential discounts ? EDIT - Not sure that they can do this now as GDPR is now in force ?

6. ICON

ICON Member

Beware

Regarding TAPTES I live in HK and they keep promising they will deliver this week every month, so I went to their office in Mong Kok here in Hong Kong TST East where I live just nearby the office - the one they use in all emails and on their website and also called their phone number the number is invalid, busy tone always, and last time decided to I drive my Model 3 to their HK office, it's closed and left many letters on the floor in front of the door

Order number #TAP25493

Taptes I’m waiting 4 months now

• Like x 1
  7. 94jdh

94jdh Member

If this fall's through let me know - I ordered same ones, first they've got rejected at their export and returned - now they are saying they can't find a shipping company cheap enough to send them out - so buyer beware!

8. Medved_77

Medved_77 TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD

I'm waiting for the floor mats to arrive too along with some other bits.

I have a tracking number for the mats though and can see they're in a postal sorting centre near to me.

Only been 82 days since I ordered them.

9. 94jdh

94jdh Member

I've received the usb hub a few weeks ago. They're apparently being quoted 100 dollars by the shipping company for each package of mats?

10. Medved_77

I bet they're heavy but you'd think they'd sort logistics out before selling them.

No hub yet, no dispatch notification, ordered 16 Jan.

11. 94jdh

94jdh Member

I've been live chatting each week with them, I've told them I'll wait 10 more days - if nothing is dispatched by then I'll request a refund and buy elsewhere.

12. Medved_77

When did you order?

Here's my tracking info, took 2 months to dispatch but hoping they arrive today or tomorrow as they're at the regional sorting centre:

upload_2020-4-7_9-47-39.png

Via live chat was told the quality of the USB hubs was not up to standard so delivery of my unit was delayed. Apparently it's now been posted but no tracking info or email confirmation yet received.

13. 94jdh

94jdh Member

There were sent once and rejected at export for some reason:

2020/3/13 13:55 Received by Post Office 523000
    2020/3/14 2:48 Item presented to export Customs/Security GZGJZX
    2020/3/14 5:04 Item presented to export Customs/Security GZGJZX
    2020/3/14 14:32 Item returned from export Customs/Security GZGJZX
    2020/3/15 15:21 Export cancellation

• Informative x 1
  14. dakaix

dakaix Member

#14 dakaix, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    This may (or may not) be related, but Taptes advised me in an email a couple of weeks ago that they're having issues with smaller items being rejected by the local Chinese post service (due to a Corona-related backlog). The screen protector I ordered arrived damaged and they couldn't re-send at the time because of the new restriction.

Their email to me from last week now says that things have improved again and are re-sending my item, but I suspect we will see more of this over time with postal services becoming overwhelmed with workload & staff absence.

• Like x 1
  15. roadcred

roadcred Member

Received my Taptes hub yesterday. Ordered about 6 weeks ago. No notifications or tracking info. Installed successfully!

• Like x 1
  16. Adopado

Adopado Active Member

I ordered one on 4th April, received confirmation email, received payment received email, today received "order on the way" email ... maybe too good to be true!

17. RichOB

RichOB Member

I received my mats last week, ordered on 28th Jan.

18. Medved_77

Floor mats literally just arrived. Not convinced they were worth the wait or the cost but at least the carpet should be protected now.

• Like x 2
  19. Jez_GB

Jez_GB Member

Snap!