Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Email from Tesla- congratulations from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else had an email similar to this, guess it will still be 2018 before I get behind the wheel/spaceship control??

We thank you for your recent interest in the Tesla Model 3 and we are very pleased to inform that you have been selected as one of the first customers in the United Kingdom to receive your vehicle.
We will be in touch shortly to discuss production slots, specifications and open day dates for our production facility, located in Fremont, CA.
This is a very exciting time for Tesla and we thank you for your support.
Yours Sincerely,
Tesla Customer Services.
Tesla Motors | 3500 Deer Creek Road | Palo Alto, CA, 94304

That's it I'm afraid other than addressing me by my name and below was the tesla logo. This came through on April 6th which will be 5 days after I initially received the deposit order confirmation email.

According to the confirmation email and PDF that was attached, I believe delivery starts on the west coast and then moves east. After that, it hits the European and Asian markets. After that it hits the markets where people are driving on the wrong side of the car on the wrong side of the road. Based on this, I would be suspicious of that email you received considering you are in a wrong side of the road country.

Reactions: melindav
We will be in touch shortly to discuss production slots, specifications and open day dates for our production facility, located in Fremont, CA.
This makes it seem that production of the Model 3 is imminent (let alone the right-hand drive version), which obviously isn't the case.

Then again, it seems Tesla may have conquered time travel, so maybe production is coming sooner than any of us realize?
Tesla Weekend Social - Decrypting the Cryptic Message

(Perhaps it's Elon's secret "cowbells" project after Hyperloop? ;))

Has anyone else had an email similar to this, guess it will still be 2018 before I get behind the wheel/spaceship control??

We thank you for your recent interest in the Tesla Model 3 and we are very pleased to inform that you have been selected as one of the first customers in the United Kingdom to receive your vehicle.
This is a very exciting time for Tesla and we thank you for your support.
Yours Sincerely,
Tesla Customer Services.
Tesla Motors | 3500 Deer Creek Road | Palo Alto, CA, 94304

Pretty much a 100% guarantee that this is not legit. Would definitely not follow any embedded links, and recommend you don't use email with automatic HTML rendering.

It's certainly strange and possibly to be taken with a pinch of salt. Ordered in store on 31st March in the UK and not had anything like this.

I hope you fellow Brits have your reservations listed on Model3Tracker.info

Cool, just registered.

I am based in County Durham so the nearest Tesla store is Leeds (1 hr+)but I am in Edinburgh Wed/Thu on business so will swing by the store and touch base with them regarding this email and report back chaps .......