Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

email from Tesla: Your Model X is built

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else get this email? So confusing.

Thank you for your patience as we've taken a little extra time to ensure your Model X meets the highest standards of quality. For the last couple of months, we held back our production rate to check and recheck every part of Model X from each of the ground-breaking features to road performance. We've had members of our management team, including Elon, test drive Model X as it came off the line so that we can confidently say that you're going to love your Model X.

As you've read in recent reviews, it's paid off. We can't wait for you to get behind the wheel of your Model X to experience the beauty, comfort, performance and truly one-of-a-kind drive experience.

Your MyTesla account is now updated with a delivery window. You’ll soon be receiving communication from our team to prepare you for delivery, but to accelerate the process, please log in to finalize your delivery details.

All my best,

Jon McNeill
President, Global Sales and Service

Did anyone else get this email? So confusing.

Thank you for your patience as we've taken a little extra time to ensure your Model X meets the highest standards of quality. For the last couple of months, we held back our production rate to check and recheck every part of Model X from each of the ground-breaking features to road performance. We've had members of our management team, including Elon, test drive Model X as it came off the line so that we can confidently say that you're going to love your Model X.

As you've read in recent reviews, it's paid off. We can't wait for you to get behind the wheel of your Model X to experience the beauty, comfort, performance and truly one-of-a-kind drive experience.

Your MyTesla account is now updated with a delivery window. You’ll soon be receiving communication from our team to prepare you for delivery, but to accelerate the process, please log in to finalize your delivery details.

All my best,

Jon McNeill
President, Global Sales and Service

I just got the same email and forwarded to my DS. I am VIN 21XX...what is yours?

I got a similar e-mail. I'm VIN 43XX(90D with Premium Package) and mine said "We have good news for you. Your Model X will be built at the end of this month and is on track for an April/May delivery." When I log in to the website it says May/Early June deliver, which is what my DS told me a few days ago. I'll have to double check.

I got a similar e-mail. I'm VIN 43XX(90D with Premium Package) and mine said "We have good news for you. Your Model X will be built at the end of this month and is on track for an April/May delivery." When I log in to the website it says May/Early June deliver, which is what my DS told me a few days ago. I'll have to double check.

My DS told me May/June a week ago... not sure who to believe but will know as soon as they ask me for payment :)

I have been an avid follower of this site since last fall, and I finally felt the need to post. I also received an email from Jon McNeill stating "
We have good news for you. Your Model X will be built at the end of this month and is on track for an April/May delivery."

My Tesla page is still showing May/early June as the delivery window. I have an email in to my DS, so I guess we'll see. I ordered a 90D with every option except I chose 20 inch wheels for greater towing capacity.

- - - Updated - - -

Somehow I messed up the cut and paste. I meant to say, My Tesla page is still showing May/early June as the delivery window. I have an email in to my DS, so I guess we'll see. I ordered a 90D with every option except I chose 20 inch wheels for greater towing capacity.

Yes, same message, mine says delivery April to early May, VIN 30XX. Good to
see 90D scheduled for production and delivery to customers outside California, I am in South Florida.
Correction: my email says will be built by end of this month. Good enough for me, hopefully less than 60 days will be teaching the Pearl White 90D to share HPWC in garage with its older sibling, a sig red MS with almost 40K miles.

Screen capture of the email received today.

Screen Shot 2016-03-11 at 1.40.12 PM.png

My parents got the same email today. Expected delivery within 2 weeks! None of us were honestly expecting the car before late summer, since they ordered in September 2015, and had a reservation number in the low 20,000's. They ordered a 90D pretty much loaded except cold weather pkg. regardless, pretty exciting news!

Yeah, this is just wild. I postulated in the VIN thread that maybe they built a whole bunch of "common" configurations while waiting on a part or parts. Then, they were able to complete a bunch, and fill orders rapidly. Total WAG, but the idea that they're calling some 70D reservationists and asking them if they want to upgrade to 90D implies that they might have configs "at the ready" for them. Unreal, either way.

Road trip early summer, here we come!