TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

email from Tesla: Your Model X is built

Discussion in 'Model X' started by CaliX, Mar 11, 2016.

1. CaliX

CaliX Member

Did anyone else get this email? So confusing.

Thank you for your patience as we've taken a little extra time to ensure your Model X meets the highest standards of quality. For the last couple of months, we held back our production rate to check and recheck every part of Model X from each of the ground-breaking features to road performance. We've had members of our management team, including Elon, test drive Model X as it came off the line so that we can confidently say that you're going to love your Model X.

As you've read in recent reviews, it's paid off. We can't wait for you to get behind the wheel of your Model X to experience the beauty, comfort, performance and truly one-of-a-kind drive experience.

Your MyTesla account is now updated with a delivery window. You’ll soon be receiving communication from our team to prepare you for delivery, but to accelerate the process, please log in to finalize your delivery details.

All my best,

Jon McNeill
    President, Global Sales and Service

2. Big Ern

Big Ern Member

Mine is worded:

We have good news for you. Your Model X will be built at the end of this month and is on track for an April/May delivery.

3. highedu

highedu Member

I just got the same email and forwarded to my DS. I am VIN 21XX...what is yours?

4. CaliX

CaliX Member

That's interesting I wonder if they are responding to feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

16xx

5. Wynn

Wynn Member

I ordered a 70D and received a similar email, but stating I was on track for a mid 2016 delivery. He also offered to upsell me to a 90D of I wanted to take delivery in April/May.

6. CaliX

CaliX Member

Tempting?

7. alexargo

alexargo Member

I got a similar e-mail. I'm VIN 43XX(90D with Premium Package) and mine said "We have good news for you. Your Model X will be built at the end of this month and is on track for an April/May delivery." When I log in to the website it says May/Early June deliver, which is what my DS told me a few days ago. I'll have to double check.

8. CaliX

CaliX Member

My DS told me May/June a week ago... not sure who to believe but will know as soon as they ask me for payment :)

9. Debaser

Debaser Member

I have been an avid follower of this site since last fall, and I finally felt the need to post. I also received an email from Jon McNeill stating "
    We have good news for you. Your Model X will be built at the end of this month and is on track for an April/May delivery."

My Tesla page is still showing May/early June as the delivery window. I have an email in to my DS, so I guess we'll see. I ordered a 90D with every option except I chose 20 inch wheels for greater towing capacity.

- - - Updated - - -

Somehow I messed up the cut and paste. I meant to say, My Tesla page is still showing May/early June as the delivery window. I have an email in to my DS, so I guess we'll see. I ordered a 90D with every option except I chose 20 inch wheels for greater towing capacity.

10. MarkoC

MarkoC Member

I got the same email today as well.

11. djbakasan

djbakasan Member

Same email. Mine is worded as "Your Model X is built and will be delivered to you this month." MyTesla shows March 12-26 as a delivery window, DS is telling me a similar range as well. CA based, VIN in the 830s.

12. hotrod

hotrod Member

Same email. VIN in the 700's.

13. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Yep. The difference is that Jon says my car is built and my DS says it is in early stages of assembly. But both hint that it will be available before or just after the end of March. Good enough.

14. jdb

jdb Member

Yes, same message, mine says delivery April to early May, VIN 30XX. Good to
    see 90D scheduled for production and delivery to customers outside California, I am in South Florida.

15. jdb

jdb Member

Correction: my email says will be built by end of this month. Good enough for me, hopefully less than 60 days will be teaching the Pearl White 90D to share HPWC in garage with its older sibling, a sig red MS with almost 40K miles.

16. Gas Guzzler

Gas Guzzler Member

Screen capture of the email received today.

Screen Shot 2016-03-11 at 1.40.12 PM.png

17. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

I hope this is a taste of better communication to come.

18. eyespii

eyespii Member

My parents got the same email today. Expected delivery within 2 weeks! None of us were honestly expecting the car before late summer, since they ordered in September 2015, and had a reservation number in the low 20,000's. They ordered a 90D pretty much loaded except cold weather pkg. regardless, pretty exciting news!

19. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Yeah, this is just wild. I postulated in the VIN thread that maybe they built a whole bunch of "common" configurations while waiting on a part or parts. Then, they were able to complete a bunch, and fill orders rapidly. Total WAG, but the idea that they're calling some 70D reservationists and asking them if they want to upgrade to 90D implies that they might have configs "at the ready" for them. Unreal, either way.

Road trip early summer, here we come!

20. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Got this too. :biggrin: