Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Email on Aug 31 "Tesla Updates: August 2015"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have waited three years for this car, and over the last three months, I have daily viewed Tesla Motors, TMC, EVM obsession, Teslarati, and several other BEV sites. I am officially obsessed.
Nice

It is disturbing to see the negative comments focusing on Date rather then Quality. I'm willing to wait, and to add an up-beat flavor to this thread, please allow me to tell you about my $1000 Tesla model X. to do that I need to say a little bit about myself.

In 1977 I wrote and had funded the first microcomputer project in K-12 in United States. For you young folks, this was the first year you could buy a microcomputer to use in the home, without using a soldering iron. Because of this timing, I was aware of many early computer products.
In 1980 I found a Apple 1 and traded $1000 of computer equipment for it. Two years ago, I sold that computer for $300,000 via Christie's auction house. After taxes, there was enough to buy a "loaded" Tesla model X.

I am sure that my Tesla X will be a fantastic car.
Sig X #931

Nice

Perhaps I should have been more clear. By lame I meant that I got no new information from the email. It's basically the same info we got at the Q2 earnings call. I'm not condemning Tesla for sending out an email to communicate with reservation holders, I'm unhappy because it's month old news at this point. Yes, it's communication, no, it's not a great start.

Reservation holders who care knew this after the earnings call, reservation holders who don't care, don't need the email in the first place.

I read to the end of the email, got all excited about the Model X section and then.... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tKdcjJoXeEY
I didn't say it was horrible, I didn't say it was awful and I didn't condemn Tesla. I said it was a lame email and it is.

I hear what your are saying Lyon, and I feel your frustration for more "new" information. But just step back for a second and recognize that Tesla actually sent out an update Email to their reservations holders. This is a significant change IMO and it shows that they are taking steps to improve their communications. I'm hoping that they continue this trend and the next Email will hopefully be even more informative.

I received the "September 2015" update today. The text appears to be identical to the August 2015 update.

tesla september update.jpg

Copywriter: Hey boss, yesterday I finally finished and sent out the August newsletter, just under the wire. Now I just need some badly needed time off to go to my sister's wedding.
Boss: Ha, forget it. You're not going anywhere until you've sent the September newsletter.
Copywriter: :cursing:

(5 minutes of clicking in Photoshop passes)

Copywriter: Bye, see ya...
Boss: Wait, whaaa?!

Skärmavbild 2015-09-01 kl. 14.25.34.png

Eating my words.... one letter at a time!..... It seems TESLA pulled off the Design center before midnight California time. That would have been 3 AM for me.

A glass of wine please, to make the letters go down easier. :wink:

Can anyone post the complete letter? I've not received it.

Remember... you asked for it...

Model S is off the scale

This week, the Model S P85D earned the highest rating ever in the 80 years of vehicle testing by Consumer Reports, scoring an initial 103 on
their 100-point scale.

Since the Consumer Reports test, Tesla has further upgraded the Model S with the 90 kWh battery pack, increasing range by 6%, and Ludicrous Speed, which improves acceleration by 10%. Read what Consumer Reports had to say about P85D.
READ MORE
DESIGN YOURS
TEST DRIVE

The Economic Advantages of Electric Cars

Common evaluations of Model S vs. gasoline cars often overlook the full economic advantages of going electric: they look at cost of purchase but not the true cost of ownership. National and state/province clean energy incentives can significantly improve the price of an EV. In the US, for example, the price of a Model S after incentives, depending on the state, usually drops by about $10k.

Running cost savings are considerable. Using the national average cost per kWh of $0.12 and a 40 mile daily commute, topping up at home is under $2.00.

Compared to a similar gasoline premium sedan, the operational cost savings are typically around $2000 per year. Taking into account the average ownership period for a car of five years, that amounts to a total of approximately $10,000. Moreover, the operational savings show up immediately if you lease or finance the Model S.

In addition, many utilities offer incentives for off-peak charging, allowing savings of up to 50% depending on local utility provider. Our charge time and cost calculator shows just how little it costs to charge at home.

Also, electric cars typically require less service than gasoline cars, delivering further savings through the lifetime of ownership.

All of these savings make the transition to EV a compelling proposition.

Model S now starts at $70,000. With a lease or finance option, the savings equate to an effective monthly payment of only $575* a month.
DESIGN YOURS
VALUE MY CAR
TEST DRIVE

Pre-Owned Model S Program

The Pre-Owned Model S program offers a new way to experience Model S, starting as low as $60,000.

Every Pre-Owned Model S has passed a comprehensive 200+ point inspection completed by Tesla Service Technicians. The Tesla Pre-Owned Model S Program also includes a four-year or 50,000 mile Limited Warranty which begins on the date of delivery, balance of Tesla Battery and Drive Unit Warranty and 24 Hour Roadside Assistance over the warranty period. Tesla now makes it easier than ever to purchase or finance a Model S, as well as assist with the trade-in of your current vehicle.
INVENTORY
VALUE MY CAR
TEST DRIVE

Model X

We are building and testing Model X prototypes and on track for first deliveries in late Q3 of this year. We have made significant progress on the installation of a new body shop, a new paint shop and new stamping presses that will establish new capacity for both Model X and Model S.