Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Embarrassed By Falcon Wings Doors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this is my concern, how reliable will they be ?

Elon has mentioned that one of the main reasons for the delay is to make sure the doors work well and reliably, so I imagine the bar they set is to try to make the doors as reliable as any standard sliding van door. It's novel tech so it's going to have some hiccups but I am sure Tesla will be on point with getting that stuff fixed ASAP.

An anecdote: when we brought our LEAF home, before the official release (local release, we had the 4th one in Utah!) I said to my wife, "watch, you are going to be FAMOUS a SuperStar!!". Skip ahead a few weeks, NOBODY noticed, NOBODY cared. I was pretty surprised. Now, believe me, I realize Tesla is in a whole different league, in many different ways. Point is most people are really only into their own little thing and you are just a part of their nondescript scenery roll-by. Sad, but that's us. Use your car, its doors & everything else, and keep in mind what I say about the LEAF: "kinda weird? Maybe, but no gas, no gas tank, no ICE ... THAT makes it beautiful" ML:smile:k

An anecdote: when we brought our LEAF home, before the official release (local release, we had the 4th one in Utah!) I said to my wife, "watch, you are going to be FAMOUS a SuperStar!!". Skip ahead a few weeks, NOBODY noticed, NOBODY cared. I was pretty surprised. Now, believe me, I realize Tesla is in a whole different league, in many different ways. Point is most people are really only into their own little thing and you are just a part of their nondescript scenery roll-by. Sad, but that's us. Use your car, its doors & everything else, and keep in mind what I say about the LEAF: "kinda weird? Maybe, but no gas, no gas tank, no ICE ... THAT makes it beautiful" ML:smile:k

People were probably too busy reading to notice your car as they drove by.

I once saw a late twenty-something guy with a trophy companion walking to his Ferrari parked on the street at the Santana Row (a high end shopping area in San Jose where Tesla has one of its first stores). He acted so unnatural like he thought everyone is looking at and envying him. What he did not realize is if people were looking they were only looking at the Ferrari not him. Funny thing is I saw the same guy cruising in his Ferrari with top down on Los Gotos street a few week later. He had exactly the same facial expression like everyone is looking at him.

The moral of this is there is no need to be so self conscious. When people are looking at the FWD they will only be looking at the FWD but not you. They most likely couldn't care less who the owner is. There is nothing to be embarrased of since you are not showing off unless that's what's in your mind.