Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Embarrassing Tesla moment...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Btrflyl8e

MSLR, W/W 21s FSD 1145 DEL 11/26 VIN MF454
Supporting Member
Mar 24, 2013
Seminole, FL
So, I try to be aware of other drivers when stopped as I don't want to ignore someone wanting to ask me questions and appear snobby. This morning on my drive to work there were two gentlemen in a work truck in the lane to my right. At a stoplight, I noticed the driver had the window down and was looking at the car. I glanced over and then looked forward, but saw him gesture out of the corner of my eye. Happy to oblige, I muted the radio and lowered the passenger window. Once it was down, I gave him my friendliest Tesla smile with an exuberant "HI!" He looked a little confused as he replied "hi..." and slowly it dawned on me that he had never gestured for me to open the window...

After what felt like forever but was likely 2 seconds of awkwardly staring at each other, the light changed.

Sigh. He probably told the story all day about the lunatic woman who tried to pick him up at a traffic light.

Last edited:
On the bright side of things, since he wasn't cute it's a good thing he didn't think you were trying to pick him up. That would have been even more embarrassing.
I really don't know what he thought... thank goodness for that awesome acceleration, LOL.

One thing it made me think about though, apparently this was not shocking to anyone who knows me. Upon telling the story at work I got a lot of eye rolling with comments like "classic Christal". What the...?

• Funny
Reactions: Pollux
Sigh. He probably told the story all day about the lunatic woman who tried to pick him up at a traffic light.

That was you? Here I was thinking it was my good looks and charm :biggrin:

- - - Updated -

But was he cute?
- - Updated - - -

Sadly, no.

Oh never mind... couldn't have been me ROFLMAO :love:

I crack myself up... Heyyyyyyyyyyyy there's an idea... TeslaMingle.com for discerning singles with impeccable taste in cars. :tongue:

• Love
Reactions: Pkmmte
Sadly, no.
What he would say if he belonged to TMC...

What do you mean not cute? When you smiled and said HI, I thought you meant it. you are such a tease Christal.

---- Updated ----

Jim beat me to it.

the home page for TeslaSingles.com or TeslaMingle.com can say "I may not be cute:redface: but I own a Tesla.:love:"

Last edited:
What he would say if he belonged to TMC...

What do you mean not cute? When you smiled and said HI, I thought you meant it. you are such a tease Christal.

---- Updated ----

Jim beat me to it.

the home page for TeslaSingles.com or TeslaMingle.com can say "I may not be cute:redface: but I own a Tesla.:love:"
Lol, I was only trying to promote the brand, I swear!

So many potential replies to this. None of them appropriate.

Oh, I have some questions though:
- What color were his (the driver's) eyes?
- What color was the truck?
Lol, brown; white. If you asked him the same question about my eye color he would probably reply "crazy". My enthusiastic "hi!" was only really appropriate for a Tesla Q&A...

Haha, thanks for sharing your story! My wife and I both enjoyed it! :)
I really need to do some soul searching. Everyone I told who knows me just didn't seem to find it surprising, including my boyfriend. I got the usual slow head shake of shame. Almost like they are embarrassed BY me instead of FOR me. Hmmm...

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Pkmmte and Pollux
I really need to do some soul searching. Everyone I told who knows me just didn't seem to find it surprising, including my boyfriend. I got the usual slow head shake of shame. Almost like they are embarrassed BY me instead of FOR me. Hmmm...

Well, I can't speak for other things you may or may not do but I think you were completely justified in this case! You just wanted to be a good advocate for Tesla. We've all been there!

Some people just don't understand the passion we have for the cars :)

Plus given that they see you all the time, they are likely tired of hearing you rant and rave about the car and the company and Elon... Your boyfriend probably thinks you wanna marry the guy at this point :p (In fairness I know nothing about you and am really just projecting myself onto you right now, because I am sure my friends are tired of me talking about it all the time too haha!)