Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Embedded suddenly artwork missing from .mp3 files

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 Model 3 LR AWD

While at home yesterday in between shifts, I got the update to 2020.44.10.1 When I went to leave the house again, there was no artwork for my .mp3 files. I randomly chose about six of them.
Brought the T5 inside and the files that had no artwork in the car did when I played them on my PC. Images were present.

The T5 is partitioned into two: MUSIC as FAT32, and TESLA/TeslaCam as FAT32. All music plays just fine. Dashcam works. Sentry works.

I rebooted the system using both scroll buttons on the steering wheels. Obviously the SSD has been disconnected.

Not really looking for a solution, just letting people know. No images isn't the end of the world, although I did spend hundreds of hours meticulously tagging the 16921 files...
1f609.png

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I'm pissed that Elon won't give USB music a little love. Some of us have $$$ invested in our music collection and want to listen to it. After waiting through a year of ownership for Tesla to fix USB music so that it resumes on startup, doesn't randomly scan the drive, respects gain settings, etc, I'm becoming convinced they really don't want you listening to music on a USB drive. Why should they when they can charge you premium bandwidth charges to stream random music on Spotify? At least my 10 year old BMW had an aux port, even if it did burn gas. Bad Elon...

I'm pissed that Elon won't give USB music a little love. Some of us have $$$ invested in our music collection and want to listen to it. After waiting through a year of ownership for Tesla to fix USB music so that it resumes on startup, doesn't randomly scan the drive, respects gain settings, etc, I'm becoming convinced they really don't want you listening to music on a USB drive. Why should they when they can charge you premium bandwidth charges to stream random music on Spotify? At least my 10 year old BMW had an aux port, even if it did burn gas. Bad Elon...

I fixed this by opening the app on my phone before opening the car door. It's worked every time for the last ten days. Absolutely ridiculous that I have to do this at all, but here we are.

I found a way to have USB tracks always resume where they left off, whether playing or paused, over power cycles. Or at least 95% of the time - it's a tesla, nothing works all the time. No "waking up the car ahead of time" or other tricks. I've detailed it several times already on this forum - should I do it again?