TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Embedded YouTube videos w/ mid-video start?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by tga, Feb 14, 2016.

1. tga

tga Supporting Member

#1 tga, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Is it possible to embed a YouTube and have the embedded player start mid-video?

For instance, if you click this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVL4wKnpx2U&t=46 the video starts playing at 0:46, but if I use the embedded player by clicking on the "Insert Video" button and pasting the same link, it starts at the beginning:

My attempt at humor in one of the Model 3 threads is slightly funnier if you don't have to wait through 46 seconds of Judge Smails christening his new sailboat. Not that that part isn't good for a laugh, too!

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I never found a way to do that. If I needed the video start start mid-way through, I would just post the link (like you did) rather than trying the embed the player.

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

You pause the video at the time you want then the share button I think has two options. One from start and the other from time paused. I don't know if that works embedded but will check.

4. dsm363

#4 dsm363, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    Can't seem to get it to work on phone. Maybe just desktop browser required.

edit: I see what you are saying now. Yes, I'm getting the same issue. The embedded video doesn't seem to start at the bookmark.

5. dsm363

#5 dsm363, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

- - - Updated - - -

That's odd. It starts at 11:56 instead of 12:16 as the bookmark said.

6. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

There is a way to do it with embedded players but vBulletin tries to be smart / secure and strips the information you supply.

7. tga

tga Supporting Member

Oh well, thanks all...