Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Emblem replacement- Color options for Model Y PUP MSM w/ Xpel Stealth PPF

Favorite Color Option for Tesla Hood/Tailgate Emblem Replacement

• Black Gloss

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Black Matte

Votes: 43 81.1%
  • Red Gloss

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Red Matte

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYTurkeyCreekstealth.JPG
MYrearbadging.JPG
misteremblemglossblack.png
misteremblemmatteblack.png
misteremblemglossred.png
misteremblemattered.png

Reactions: Papagiorgio
OP - keep those emblems clean.

for the stealth wrap I put a layer of XPEL ceramic boost on the PPF when new and very 3000 mi. Keeps an slick layer of protection on there, takes 10min and is super easy to wipe on and off. $30 a bottle that will last about 10-15 applications
E7B40CA1-BD15-450C-9C17-3CD6138B8B32.jpeg

Reactions: Papagiorgio
I went with emblem removal on the front and (soon to be rear) with the blacked out "Performance emblem" and Dual motor emblem
which Dual Motor emblem are you buying? I want to remove my chrome and replace it with a matte black one with a line underneath (though my is not performance model). I have my tesla emblems wrapped in yellow color (car color is blue)... I am looking for a matte black emblem with a yellow line underneath.

which Dual Motor emblem are you buying? I want to remove my chrome and replace it with a matte black one with a line underneath (though my is not performance model). I have my tesla emblems wrapped in yellow color (car color is blue)... I am looking for a matte black emblem with a yellow line underneath.
I went with the abstract ocean emblem. They only offer the red line though. I'm sure you can custom paint it yourself relatively easily if you have a very steady hand.

Dual Motor Emblem

Reactions: mnsweeps
So I just got the same xpel stealth ppf and xpel fusion ceramic on model Y... Did your installer cut around the sensors? I just got it back today and they aren't working properly, it doesn't tell you the distance from objects. I assume I have to have them cut around them.

Also, how did you apply the emblems? They removed mine and said they wouldn't put them on because it would damage the ppf. I was leaning towards getting matte black ones anyway but wasn't sure how I can apply on top of ppf.

So I just got the same xpel stealth ppf and xpel fusion ceramic on model Y... Did your installer cut around the sensors? I just got it back today and they aren't working properly, it doesn't tell you the distance from objects. I assume I have to have them cut around them.

Also, how did you apply the emblems? They removed mine and said they wouldn't put them on because it would damage the ppf. I was leaning towards getting matte black ones anyway but wasn't sure how I can apply on top of ppf.

The emblems are just 3m sticky tape on the backing side. Literally, just peel and stick.

I also purchased & installed the AO dual motor emblem in matte black as I don’t like chrome emblems.

I removed the front chrome Tesla badge entirely as I just don’t like it, but I never found the rear emblem in matte black so I made my own. I just removed it, sprayed it w a Krylon matte black spray paint, and finally reapplied w the double sided 3M emblem tape.

Reactions: elementsdk1
Does anyone have good leads on getting emblems custom painted? I'm trying to get the front and rear "T" emblems painted lime green. Saw this on a Model X on the highway and it looked great.

I'm trying to steer clear of PlastiDip (personal preference).