Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Emergency exit out of Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi everybody. I know a life hammer is a way to smash the windows of the front doors. But I'm not quite sure if it would work on the windows in the FaWD. In case of emergency (accident, fire, water submergion) will the FaWD open if pushed button? The manually opening procedure of the FaWD is quite complicated, let alone in a panic situation! So. Can life hammer smash FaWD windows? Can it smash the wind shield too? That would be a great emergency exit if under water. Or is it easy to push out the wind shield with your legs? I hope none of you were in a situation in which you have to use those escape skills, but living near water made me think about what the best way would be that passengers on second row have to escape from car if it goes under water...... Anyone that can give some tips?

hi everybody. I know a life hammer is a way to smash the windows of the front doors. But I'm not quite sure if it would work on the windows in the FaWD. In case of emergency (accident, fire, water submergion) will the FaWD open if pushed button? The manually opening procedure of the FaWD is quite complicated, let alone in a panic situation! So. Can life hammer smash FaWD windows? Can it smash the wind shield too? That would be a great emergency exit if under water. Or is it easy to push out the wind shield with your legs? I hope none of you were in a situation in which you have to use those escape skills, but living near water made me think about what the best way would be that passengers on second row have to escape from car if it goes under water...... Anyone that can give some tips?

The FWD will open once car is becoming submerged. It will float for a moment and once it is sinking, the doors open: Watch Tesla Model X Falcon Doors Automatically Open When Submerged

I saw a video (I can't find it now) in which an American TV presenter/journalist was taking a test drive of a Model 3 with Elon Musk and she asked about escape from a Tesla when in water. Elon replied that, as a last resort, the windshied/windscreen can be kicked out from inside any Tesla.

After a crash, there is a chance that the doors Will/Cannot open, due to distortian. Therefore, it is advisable to have a life hammer. Only specific hammers work under water, due to the pressure on the outside.

A friend of mine was involved in an accident, and the FaWD didnt work after the crash.