Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Emergency Jack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you tried this jack with your Y? If I read the specs correctly, the minimum height of this jack is 6". Say your jack pad is 1" thick, you'll need 7" under the jack point to use it. If a flat tire sinks the car more, this jack may not fit...

I'll be riding on luck and relying on Tesla's Roadside Assistance for now. Haven't had a flat in 10+ years myself.

I'm in the camp of carrying an air compressor and plug kit rather than a jack and spare. I call it my "no spare tire kit". It's not going to be enough for every possible situation, but it has always been enough for me in the past.
You should see “Out of Spec Motoring” video where the Tesla wheels cut into the sidewall after hitting a pothole. No way you can use a plug kit to patch a sidewall. The tire enters the pothole and the tire expands pass the lip of the wheel and this is where it gets sliced. I still carry my plug kit also but I most definitely carry a spare for my long trips.

Takes me 15 minutes to change it out and throw it in the back, then when I get to Las Vegas, I can plug it or get it replaced by Discount Tires.

My model 3 has an identical 18” aero OEM spare and the model Y has the “Modern Spare”

Fred

Reactions: Hrtme