Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Emergency lane change thing is great / terrible

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My previous vehicle was a 1995 F-150 and when I was driving it, in order to be in the middle of my lane I needed to have the lane divider inside of the left front fender.

With this car it needs to be outside the left front fender ( according to my preferred seat position ).

I have had trouble getting my mind to make the transition after 24 years of driving the F-150.

Now I got the Emergency Lane Change thing and, in some ways it is great.

I tested it yesterday on freeway with no cars around and it works fine and relieves my anxiety about getting over the lane lines.

The downside is that it jerks the steering wheel right outta your hands if you don't have a good hold on it.

First time it happened it scared the bejeebers outta me.

Autopilot had acted like that when I took my test drive. I didn't buy it.

Now I'm glad I have the ELC because I can relax a bit. I only have a bit over 1,000 miles on my car in 3 months :) and I'm sure I will adapt to the new car but while I'm in the process having the ELC gives me some peace of mind because I know I won't drift into the other lane.

But I wish they could gentle it down a bit. Really scary when it jerks the wheel like that.

I really wish you could disable it and have it stick across driving sessions. 15 miles of my commute are on a road undergoing reconstruction where the lane markers do not match with the temporary (project extends through 2020) construction lanes. If I forget to turn it off on start up I have to fight the car until I get a chance to put it in park and disable it.

I really wish you could disable it and have it stick across driving sessions. 15 miles of my commute are on a road undergoing reconstruction where the lane markers do not match with the temporary (project extends through 2020) construction lanes. If I forget to turn it off on start up I have to fight the car until I get a chance to put it in park and disable it.
=========
Yes that would be a fight.. I like the feature but hate the intense application. Wish it would just correct the lane drift without jerking the steering wheel.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert