Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Emergency Poll: Would you forfeit ventilated seats for 100D

Are ventilated seats worth keeping over 100D range?

• Yes, keep the ventilated seats with 90D

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • No, dump the ventilated seats and get 100D

Votes: 66 76.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ABC2D

Dec 19, 2016
Home
Hi all,

as you probably know 100D is available starting today. I don't care about free supercharging, not one bit - not long distance traveler, and if I would travel, it would probably be within the allocated free range. So, free supercharging carries absolute 0 value for me. IF I travel more, I can afford to buy few hundred dollars of electricity.

Ventilated seats, on the other hand, are (at least were) very desired option for me, being in South Florida (Miami). I've tested ventilated seats on multiple Teslas and test drove a few and liked it. I dont have kids, dogs, and generally careful - so durability is also not a big concern (should it be?).

I also dont drive much. My yearly mileage is .... 6,000-7,000 maybe.

I dont need unlimited supercharging and also dont need the additional range 100D provide, but here is what prompted me for this poll: you can always buy electricity, but you cant buy additional range for your car.

So, with 100D battery, the "fast charging" zone of the car would be wider; the eventual degradation of the battery would still allow longer range years later.

I currently have 90D with ventilated seats (and unlimited supercharging) slotted for late March production.

Now is the question for those that have and used ventilated seats in hot climates
: are ventilated seats worth keeping over 100D range?

I have a 90D with ventilated seats and supercharging, I would rather have a 100D.
I am in SoCal and the ventilated seats don't really do anything and I don't use Superchargers much. Only did two road trips with my X

Reactions: ABC2D
I actually like the ventilated seats. It's subtle but I feel an effect. I have been thinking about it since my X is only a month old and ironically today is the first day where the added range would have made things a bit easier but u still think I'm happy with the vented seats. Unlimited SC is if minimal value to me though. 99.5% of my usage wouldn't benefit from the extra range.

Reactions: ABC2D
Wow, am really that off with my valuation of ventilated seats?o_O

Based on these two statements:

I've tested ventilated seats on multiple Teslas and test drove a few and liked it. I dont have kids, dogs, and generally careful - so durability is also not a big concern (should it be?).

I also dont drive much. My yearly mileage is .... 6,000-7,000 maybe.

I would say it seems that you're personally better off with ventilated seats.

I average ~7000 as well. The number of times over the last 4 years that I wished the car had longer range was exactly once, and that was back when there were ~20 SuperChargers in total worldwide.

What a 100 buys you over a 90 is the ability to maybe skip a SuperCharger on a multi-charger trip. Which, based on how much you travel will rarely - if ever - happen. You'll get more out of the ventilated seats - since you say you already tried them and liked them.

I was wondering if you had to change your interior also? If I change, my wife does not get her scheme.

Let me guess.... tan seats, figured ash, black headliner? Same boat. Skipped upgrading. . . I want that interior and my ventilated seats. . . Deal breakers. . . I also will lease rather than buy so I'm not upside down in 3 years when the cars are worthless because Teslas will be flying or at least have 3x the current range the way things are headed. Stick with what you ordered. . .

Reactions: MisterT2 and ABC2D
Let me guess.... tan seats, figured ash, black headliner? Same boat. Skipped upgrading. . . I want that interior and my ventilated seats. . . Deal breakers. . . I also will lease rather than buy so I'm not upside down in 3 years when the cars are worthless because Teslas will be flying or at least have 3x the current range the way things are headed. Stick with what you ordered. . .

Ops Model X will only have 35000 miles after five years. That makes it a poor lease choice.

You pay quite a premium on leases with zero equity to show for it.

I don't think Teslas are as worthless as you think they are after 3 years.

Reactions: Cowby and MisterT2