Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Emergency Poll: Would you forfeit ventilated seats for 100D

Are ventilated seats worth keeping over 100D range?

• Yes, keep the ventilated seats with 90D

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • No, dump the ventilated seats and get 100D

Votes: 66 76.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if you had to change your interior also? If I change, my wife does not get her scheme.
No, I dont have to change my interior. I ordered on 12/24 and current interior options has not changed since then. What I have on the table is ventilated seats with free supercharging and 90D against no ventilated seats with no free supercharging but 100D battery.

Ops Model X will only have 35000 miles after five years. That makes it a poor lease choice.

You pay quite a premium on leases with zero equity to show for it.

I don't think Teslas are as worthless as you think they are after 3 years.

Forgot this was in X forum... I'm an S guy.

Right now the S is holding value well, I agree. Once the 3 is out and they and the S are on updated batteries, demand for older generation S models may not be there. My friend who currently is at lease end on a S85, just got offered an S75D for 50 bucks less per month, nothing down- Tesla literally just wanted to maintain cash flow. I'll take my chances.

And it is likely different in your case, as I'm only interested in the sedans. . . 5 of our 8 kids are already driving...SUV days are largely over. I've also done a couple lease vs. buy analyses and it's evident that residual for leases and amortization schedules for purchased vehicles are (not coincidentally) suggesting that either deal is the same from a cost of ownership perspective. Intangibles are interest rates in 3 years and resale values. I'd rather take my chances on the interest rates obviously.

I travel longer distances and would like the 100D; but sounds like you might benefit from the ventilated seats. I think it is best to consider which you would use more-which sounds like the seats.

MasterT, if you're going to stay with the vented seats and forgo the 100D, you might want to think about whether you even need the range of the 90D versus the 75D. You're paying $500 per mile for the upgrade from the 75D to the 90D, while the upgrade from the 75D to the 100D only costs $224 per mile.

MasterT, if you're going to stay with the vented seats and forgo the 100D, you might want to think about whether you even need the range of the 90D versus the 75D. You're paying $500 per mile for the upgrade from the 75D to the 90D, while the upgrade from the 75D to the 100D only costs $224 per mile.
I'm not considering 75 at all - too limiting of a range. It's similar to boat engines - buy the most powerful engine you can fit in your boat and afford because phrase "I should've gotten a bigger engine" is inevitable.

Absolutely, choose 100D. 100D uses wholly re-designed battery pack architecture which results in better performance, better supercharging speed, better reliability. See this post for more details.

This just dawned on me... if the 100D pack can charge faster it means you may spend more time in the expensive tier for super charging pricing in those states which have tiers. I suppose it could go the other way too that if you can charge faster you'd be done sooner so maybe it evens out. Will love to see more data around to 100 packs in the future.

This just dawned on me... if the 100D pack can charge faster it means you may spend more time in the expensive tier for super charging pricing in those states which have tiers. I suppose it could go the other way too that if you can charge faster you'd be done sooner so maybe it evens out. Will love to see more data around to 100 packs in the future.
Sorry, I don't see the advantages of slower charging at all, regardless of the price tier...

Reactions: ABC2D