Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

eMMC recall reimbursement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just got an email from Tesla asking me to submit a reimbursement for an out-of-pocket expense for a daughterboard replacement, which was easy and painless. But it seems like I could submit only once and couldn't do it for a second car. Anyone have experience, info, or thoughts?

Reactions: rickyjb
When I had the issue of constant black screen and freezing of my display they only offered me the $2500 new upgrade. When I got the recall reimbursement email I submitted the form and it said that I don't qualify because I did the upgrade. That is BS and they should be offering us guys some partial refund especially since they reduced the price of the upgrade after many of us paid $2500 to fix the issues out of pocket.

When I had the issue of constant black screen and freezing of my display they only offered me the $2500 new upgrade. When I got the recall reimbursement email I submitted the form and it said that I don't qualify because I did the upgrade. That is BS and they should be offering us guys some partial refund especially since they reduced the price of the upgrade after many of us paid $2500 to fix the issues out of pocket.

This if from the faq about the recall. dont know if its the same in the US 8GB eMMC Recall Frequently Asked Questions

"If I previously purchased the Infotainment Upgrade due to the condition described in the recall, will I receive reimbursement from Tesla?
If you paid for Tesla’s Infotainment Upgrade instead of paying to repair your previous touchscreen after Tesla Service diagnosed that your vehicle’s eMMC was malfunctioning due to accumulated wear, then you may be eligible for reimbursement up to the cost of the 8GB eMMC repair available at the time of your upgrade.  More information on reimbursement eligibility, terms and conditions, and how to request reimbursement will be available by the end of March 2021."

I had to pay $1,281 for a replacement of the emmc mcu, due to malfunction on my 2015 model S, on 8/12/20. Now I got this email, and go to the form and it says I'm ineligible even when I have the tesla service center invoice! and there is no way to escalate the issue or talk to someone about it! What do i do?

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I had to pay $1,281 for a replacement of the emmc mcu, due to malfunction on my 2015 model S, on 8/12/20. Now I got this email, and go to the form and it says I'm ineligible even when I have the tesla service center invoice! and there is no way to escalate the issue or talk to someone about it! What do i do?

From the FAQ:

If I have questions or want to resubmit my claim for reconsideration after it is approved or denied, what should I do?
After you receive Tesla’s decision by email to approve or deny your claim, if you have questions about the decision, believe that your claim was incomplete when originally submitted, or want Tesla to reconsider the decision, then please reply to the email and include all additional supporting documentation. Please note that subsequent reviews will delay the processing of your claim.

• Helpful
Same here. Paid for the Infotainment Upgrade because my eMMC died, the car could not be driven and the SC told me the eMMC replacements were back ordered two weeks.

If this isn't just a simple oversight by Tesla, then I'm going to be extremely pissed. The eMMC failed due to their own poor choices and they should bear all the costs. If they can't stock replacement parts, it's on them - not on me. I should at least be reimbursed for some part of the $2500.

Same here. Paid for the Infotainment Upgrade because my eMMC died, the car could not be driven and the SC told me the eMMC replacements were back ordered two weeks.

If this isn't just a simple oversight by Tesla, then I'm going to be extremely pissed. The eMMC failed due to their own poor choices and they should bear all the costs. If they can't stock replacement parts, it's on them - not on me. I should at least be reimbursed for some part of the $2500.
Same here for one of our MSs. There was no daughterboard replacement option at the time.

Same situation and I agree we should receive some type of reimbursement.

Same situation and I agree we should receive some type of reimbursement.

I upgraded voluntarily even thought my mcu was always freezing and crashing. I didnt bother with SC bc I was out of warranty and knew they wouldnt do anything. I did put one service request during my final visit before warranty expired but the SC in a shady move removed any record of the mcu issues from the invoice and when I asked he said they checked remotely and all good just reboot it.

I upgraded voluntarily even thought my mcu was always freezing and crashing. I didnt bother with SC bc I was out of warranty and knew they wouldnt do anything. I did put one service request during my final visit before warranty expired but the SC in a shady move removed any record of the mcu issues from the invoice and when I asked he said they checked remotely and all good just reboot it.

In my opinion, if this is truly a recall of a defective part. Anyone that paid for the part or the entire unit to be replaced should receive some type of reimbursement. It shouldn't matter if the repair was performed under warranty or not, or if it was repaired before or after failure. At the end of the day, the manufacturer saved money because they wasn't billed for the repair. Reimburse those that paid out of pocket.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I can't find the form. I click on the link and it takes me to Ask a Question Page. I select Tesla Service and Repair from the Drop down Menu. Then it gives me 4 options for Choose Your Topic. None of which is the eMMC form.

I have a 2014 Model S. I got the email which should mean I'm part of the recall. But to double check, I verified the VIN using both Tesla search and NHTSA site. Both of which confirmed my vehicle is part of the recall.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 4.21.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 4.21.46 PM.png
    153.3 KB · Views: 258
Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I can't find the form. I click on the link and it takes me to Ask a Question Page. I select Tesla Service and Repair from the Drop down Menu. Then it gives me 4 options for Choose Your Topic. None of which is the eMMC form.

I have a 2014 Model S. I got the email which should mean I'm part of the recall. But to double check, I verified the VIN using both Tesla search and NHTSA site. Both of which confirmed my vehicle is part of the recall.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Here's the direct link: > Tesla SSO - Sign In <

Make sure you are logged in first.

Here's the direct link: > Tesla SSO - Sign In <

Make sure you are logged in first.
Appreciate you getting back to me but that takes me to the same place as my screen shot. Takes me to the Ask a Question Page. I hit the Tesla Service & Repair option and then only get the options you see from my screenshot. Are others taken to the same 'Ask a Question' Page and then getting different options?