Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

eMMC recall reimbursement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with Tesla.

They have some kind of script error that is preventing many of us from applying for the refund.

They had me try various web browsers, etc.

I paid Tesla a $200 deductible on my extended warranty, and that should be refundable.

Instead, the web link has this:

upload_2021-3-5_15-49-24.png

Note the weird date of 12/31/0000, that apparently is the clue.

Tesla says they are working on a fix, and try try again later.

i filled it out with no issues, i attached the paypal receipt of the money i sent to EV Fixme and in the comments i wrote they fixed it and included their address in the comments box for good measure. got an email instantly saying they received it and in 8-12 weeks i'll get a check in the mail.
the page had that same weird date crap but it worked fine so i dono.

They have some kind of script error that is preventing many of us from applying for the refund.

I paid Tesla a $200 deductible on my extended warranty, and that should be refundable.

View attachment 642462

I was wondering about this also... I also paid an ESA deductible and got rejected. By got rejected I mean I can't even submit it.

Last edited:
I paid for the MCU2 upgrade after being turned away 5 times for a warranty repair. The form also "pre rejected" me today - hopefully that is an error, but my expectations for Tesla have fallen so low I won't be surprised by anything anymore.

A year ago we were going to be an all-Tesla family, that got nixed after the 2nd or 3rd MCU failure. Now I have to hear regularly what a bad idea it was...

If they really are finding ways to reject all these claims, after telling the Feds they will do the recall, it seems like a setup for a punitive fine or a class action lawsuit. You would think some adult at Tesla would exercise some care here...

View attachment 642462

What number you call ?

I upgraded voluntarily even thought my mcu was always freezing and crashing. I didnt bother with SC bc I was out of warranty and knew they wouldnt do anything. I did put one service request during my final visit before warranty expired but the SC in a shady move removed any record of the mcu issues from the invoice and when I asked he said they checked remotely and all good just reboot it.

Did you schedule service through the app and maybe have some text or email showing the info you submitted showing you were bringing it for that?

I submitted form and it stated I was eligible for reimbursement. Did MCU2 upgrade in November. Great action from Tesla. Did not ask anything. Love the car and company (and my shares)!
Did you do the eMMC swap first and then the MCU2 upgrade or are you saying you did the MCU2 upgrade and because of that, you should be reimbursed? We did the MCU2 upgrade on two cars. Both are listed as ineligible but we were having problems and decided to proactively do the MCU2 upgrade.

Reactions: boonedocks
Same here. Paid for the Infotainment Upgrade because my eMMC died, the car could not be driven and the SC told me the eMMC replacements were back ordered two weeks.

If this isn't just a simple oversight by Tesla, then I'm going to be extremely pissed. The eMMC failed due to their own poor choices and they should bear all the costs. If they can't stock replacement parts, it's on them - not on me. I should at least be reimbursed for some part of the $2500.
Same.
I needed to tow the car to the SC, and was given the option to repair MCU1 for ~1600 or upgrade for $2500. I took the upgrade, and now got the email saying I'm not eligible for any refund. Sent them an email with both(repair and upgrade) service estimates proving the MCU was damaged, let's see how it goes.

Nothing is easy dealing with Tesla in the last couple of years. :mad:

I just tried to submit the form, but because the repair I paid for was done by Tesla, and Tesla's stupid system won't identify the repair as eMMC-related (even though it certainly was), the form is auto-rejected!
I am having the same problem! I just sent an email saying that if I am denied, I will file a complaint with the National Highway Safety Administration. Truthfully, this looks like the making of a class action lawsuit.