Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Empire District Electric company electric vehicle initiative.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I attended a rotary club meeting on Friday where empire tried out its presentation for their vehicle electrification program, which kicks off in June. I was invited to bring my model s and to answer questions. They brought a via motors Chevy pick up. I've been wanting to see one of those trucks in person. Nicely done. Empire is adding 36 charging stations in 2016 and will add 40 more yearly through 2020. They have a new volt on order and will replace 20% of their fleet with electric or plug in hybrids. I am doing a commercial shoot for the program on June 16th with my model S. Happy to see our local utility getting into this.
Company representatives confirmed that Tesla is in talks for a supercharger station in Joplin.

I attended a rotary club meeting on Friday where empire tried out its presentation for their vehicle electrification program, which kicks off in June. I was invited to bring my model s and to answer questions. They brought a via motors Chevy pick up. I've been wanting to see one of those trucks in person. Nicely done. Empire is adding 36 charging stations in 2016 and will add 40 more yearly through 2020. They have a new volt on order and will replace 20% of their fleet with electric or plug in hybrids. I am doing a commercial shoot for the program on June 16th with my model S. Happy to see our local utility getting into this.
Company representatives confirmed that Tesla is in talks for a supercharger station in Joplin.
The commercial shoot has been rescheduled to the 10th in Joplin.