TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Empire District Electric company electric vehicle initiative.

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by mobe, May 29, 2016.

1. mobe

mobe Member

I attended a rotary club meeting on Friday where empire tried out its presentation for their vehicle electrification program, which kicks off in June. I was invited to bring my model s and to answer questions. They brought a via motors Chevy pick up. I've been wanting to see one of those trucks in person. Nicely done. Empire is adding 36 charging stations in 2016 and will add 40 more yearly through 2020. They have a new volt on order and will replace 20% of their fleet with electric or plug in hybrids. I am doing a commercial shoot for the program on June 16th with my model S. Happy to see our local utility getting into this.
    Company representatives confirmed that Tesla is in talks for a supercharger station in Joplin.

2. Piney999

Piney999 Member

Joplin is sorely needed. What are the specifics on the 36 charging stations that are being installed? And where will they go?

3. mobe

mobe Member

I don't know any of that yet but will try to get more info at the commercial shoot on the 10th.

4. mobe

mobe Member

The commercial shoot has been rescheduled to the 10th in Joplin.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Any updates @mobe ? did the commercial shoot occur?

6. mobe

mobe Member

The shoot is this Friday starting at 6:30 am in Joplin. I will ask the company reps if there is any news.

7. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Duh! my brain had it much later in the month...I'll await the report after the 10th, sorry...just eager.