TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Empirical "evidence" that Model S is better than a Masserati

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by therealmach3, Jun 21, 2013.

1. therealmach3

therealmach3 Member

I texted my friend today and told him he had to come by and check out the Tesla. Apparently he had been living under a rock, because he hadn't picked up on the fact that I had gotten my Model S a couple of weeks ago ;-)

He immediate responded with "I will trade you my Masserati for the weekend". He was quick to offer up his (brand new btw) gas guzzling beast, while I am still wondering if I can be without my baby for a whole weekend. So obviously Model S must be the better car.

... I might take one for the team on this one in the spirit of spreading Tesla love and convert another one o the light

2. Desdi

Desdi Member

Yea. "Take one for the team". It's a dirty job but someones gotta do it. :cool: Teslas are better in every way but a Maserati is still a Maserati. So you should just act reluctant and take him up on his offer for a weekend.

Just say that you will hand over yours with a full battery and say that its okay if you get it back almost empty. And that should go for both cars ;)

3. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

Do it. Look for Maserati on ebay on Monday.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Suggest a compromise of just one day, not two. your friend may not have proper charging capabilities at home so it may that may leave a bad taste.

5. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

I got a "thumbs up" from a Masserati driver the other day, I think they might have confused the Model S with a new Model Masserati :)

6. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

I suggest you grin and bear it, and take one for the team. I also suggest you get yourself a bumper sticker to put on that Maserati that says: "My other car is Tesla."

7. therealmach3

therealmach3 Member

That'll be a hard bumper sticker to find ... because if you have a Tesla, would you realistically think anyone would have any other type of car also? :tongue:

8. Krugerrand

Okay, so how about any sticker that says 'My other car is a ....." Then take a black marker, stroke out the offensive proper noun and write 'Tesla' in its place? Just don't draw outside the lines; wouldn't want to get any of the marker on the Maserati. That might be bad for your friendship. :biggrin:

9. spleen

spleen Active Member

Or could just replace his license plate frame with the one from the online Tesla shop. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371954205.176723.jpg

10. therealmach3

therealmach3 Member

That is an AWESOME idea! It would probably take him weeks to realize. Done!

11. Krugerrand

LOL! He'll be so happy to know you're 'friends'.

12. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

We should buy a couple of these to have on hand, that and Allen wrench/screw driver... to be on the lookout for a quick swap... for friends and neighbors that need a friendly (discrete) nudge! ;)

13. therealmach3

therealmach3 Member

One of my friends just bought a Ferrari. It makes me a little sad. You know, because friends don't let friends by Ferrari's. But now I have perfect way of making it work to my personal comedic benefit. I'm so happy right now.

14. Aussie

Aussie Member

The San Rafael service centre is just next to the local Ferrari/Maserati shop and there is a good deal of respect for each brand between the two facilities. Beautiful cars all around.

15. zdre

zdre 40kWh Model S, Model 3LR

I got a honk and thumbs-up from a Maserati driver and his passenger today on I-64! I am not sure what the model was. Custom plate said MZRATI :)

16. cfOH

cfOH Member

IMO, the closest thing to a Model S -- in terms of style and performance -- is a Maserati Quattroporte S. Makes you realize how underpriced the MS is if it's playing in that niche.

17. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

Maserati is launching the Ghibli in the luxury sedan segment. MSRP starts at 65K Euros, well above comparable Audi A6, BMW 5 series, or MB E 350 - but still below Model S which starts at 71k Euros over here.

The picture struck me for its resemblance with Model S:
    8709da4b1cde9b84.jpe

Link to article at Heise (in German): Wertvorstellung | heise Autos

18. tom t

tom t Member

It does look like the S except for the Buick holes in the side.

19. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

The Maserati has a distinct "face" look to it. Like an devious Disney puppy. (I'm not saying it's a bad thing.)