Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Employee-owned MX P90DL Debating Selling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, trying to keep it short. I love my Model X P90DL and take great pride in having obtained the vehicle through hard work and perserverence.

Here's my situation:
* the used car market is absolutely bonkers
* we have two young kids and are still in our starter home, we need to move out in the next 6 months and have lots of rennovations (relocating for Tesla)
* I dont get any special incentives or trade-in value for being a tesla employee (although i do get new features sooner through internal program)
* I dont want to sell any of my stock

My motivation: I could get any car monthly car payment plus the additional money from the car could go into renovations for our current home
What kind of pricing should I expect to be getting for my vehicle? Its got literally every possible upgrade, except red brake calipers.

Cons:
I won't have a Tesla vehicle for at least a year. I promised my wife no new Tesla vehicles until I put my family in a new home. I'm hoping by then we'll catch up on supply for the insane demand or the used car market will correct.

• Mileage: 82,300
  • Ludicrous+
  • Carbon Fiber Interior
  • Autopilot with convenience features
  • Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Premium Upgrades Package
  • Silver Metallic (PMSS)
  • 90 kWh PerformanceAll-Wheel Drive
  • Model X Roof
  • 20" Silver Wheels
  • GPS Enabled Homelink
  • Active Spoiler
  • P90DL
  • Free Unlimited Supercharging
  • Subzero Cold Weather Package
  • White Interior
  • 7-Seater
  • Upgraded Infotainment (Intel Atom, Tesla Arcade + Theatre)
  • Tow Package
  • Battery & Drive Unit Warranty through Mar 31, 2024

IMG_20190906_195107.jpg

tow_package_modelx.jpeg

IMG_20200113_152016.jpg

The high miles are a bit off-putting for a majority of people I'd imagine, but I think you could easily get $55-$60K. As a reference, I sold my vehicle back in June, half the miles, full warranty until '23, with 22" wheels, to a dealer for $60K. I probably could've gotten about $5K more now, but I was in a hurry to sell. Market is crazy for used Tesla's right now, so price it accordingly and scale back as needed. Be prepared for the lowballing trolls though.

Reactions: Steversio
$65k was for low mileage back in 2018. Since used car market is crazy right now, I would start at $72k and settle at $68k, if it doesn't sell then take a $65k offer. Get an online quote and use that as the bottom. Interested to see what carvan and vroom offers.

Personally if would only pay $60k, but no rush to buy a Model X. Waiting on a Cybertruck.

Hey all, trying to keep it short. I love my Model X P90DL and take great pride in having obtained the vehicle through hard work and perserverence.

Here's my situation:
* we have two young kids and are still in our starter home, we need to move out in the next 6 months and have lots of rennovations (relocating for Tesla)
* I dont get any special incentives or trade-in value for being a tesla employee (although i do get new features sooner through internal program)

My motivation: I could get any car monthly car payment plus the additional money from the car could go into renovations for our current home
What kind of pricing should I expect to be getting for my vehicle? Its got literally every possible upgrade, except red brake calipers.

Cons:
I won't have a Tesla vehicle for at least a year. I promised my wife no new Tesla vehicles until I put my family in a new home. I'm hoping by then we'll catch up on supply for the insane demand or the used car market will correct.

• Ludicrous+
  • Carbon Fiber Interior
  • Silver Metallic (PMSS)
  • Model X Roof
  • 20" Silver Wheels
  • GPS Enabled Homelink
  • Active Spoiler
  • P90DL
  • White Interior
  • 7-Seater
  • Tow Package

View attachment 745485

View attachment 745484

View attachment 745487
What do you tow?

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I appreciate you taking the time.

These numbers are pretty low considering the demand I see for our vehicles combined with the used market in. Even getting a maxed out Plaid X is going to take until June-ish. My manager just preordered his and that's the best he can do.
The high miles are a bit off-putting for a majority of people I'd imagine, but I think you could easily get $55-$60K. As a reference, I sold my vehicle back in June, half the miles, full warranty until '23, with 22" wheels, to a dealer for $60K. I probably could've gotten about $5K more now, but I was in a hurry to sell. Market is crazy for used Tesla's right now, so price it accordingly and scale back as needed. Be prepared for the lowballing trolls though.
Yeah. Makes sense. Tesla's aren't normal ICE cars. But most people don't realize that. When the Xs we're originally coming out Elon was already talking about the 1million mile battery. We obviously didn't make that at the time. I am anticipating a normal battery to last 300-500k miles. This is a performance which makes it more demanding on the battery. But mileage may vary of course.

Here's my situation:

Cons:

• Ludicrous+
  • Carbon Fiber Interior
  • Silver Metallic (PMSS)
  • Model X Roof
  • 20" Silver Wheels
  • GPS Enabled Homelink
  • Active Spoiler
  • P90DL
  • White Interior
  • 7-Seater
  • Tow Package

View attachment 745485

View attachment 745484

View attachment 745487
Check out GiveMeTheVIN.com

[email protected]

I sold my M3 SR+ to them. Easy transaction and the best price by several 1000’s.

Reactions: Steversio
My suggestion is based on real cars that I can buy, not the crazy prices Tesla puts on their website.

I can buy a 2016 that’s been upgrade to HW3 and MCU2, with 65k miles, 7 seater with FSD, two seats of wheels, etc… for $62k.
Sounds lik a solid deal. That's not anything close to the same specs that mine is. Depends on what you're looking for.

My manager said Performance wasn't worth it financially, then 3 months later he bought the Plaid (Performance).

Fwiw, the prices we list used cars for on our website are listed algorithmically. They usually sell in under a week.

Sounds lik a solid deal. That's not anything close to the same specs that mine is. Depends on what you're looking for.

My manager said Performance wasn't worth it financially, then 3 months later he bought the Plaid (Performance).

Fwiw, the prices we list used cars for on our website are listed algorithmically. They usually sell in under a week.
The cars are the same, save for your is a performance with AP1 and this is a non-performance with FSD. I'm aware of the differences between P cars and non P cars. I currently have a Model S P90D (with ludicrous) so this isn't lost on me.

I think it's great that Tesla can charge an insane amount for those cars. It's cool that they can sell cheap Tequila for $500/bottle, aluminum whistles for $50/each and powerwheels with a customized body for 5x what WalMart sells them for. I'm just saying, I think if you're under the impression you can list a car you're selling for the same prices Tesla does on their website, and sell it quickly, that you'll be disappointed. I would love to be wrong for your sake.

Reactions: buckets0fun
The cars are the same, save for your is a performance with AP1 and this is a non-performance with FSD. I'm aware of the differences between P cars and non P cars. I currently have a Model S P90D (with ludicrous) so this isn't lost on me.

I think it's great that Tesla can charge an insane amount for those cars. It's cool that they can sell cheap Tequila for $500/bottle, aluminum whistles for $50/each and powerwheels with a customized body for 5x what WalMart sells them for. I'm just saying, I think if you're under the impression you can list a car you're selling for the same prices Tesla does on their website, and sell it quickly, that you'll be disappointed. I would love to be wrong for your sake.
Haha. Tell me how you really feel.

I was just making sure you were comparing apples to apples is all. Do you have a link to the car you're referencing?

Get a trade in price from Tesla and one from Carvana etc.

A lot of cars that are selling high are low mileage. With high mileage, no warranty etc. it’s tough to know it’s crazy used market value.

I listed my car here BELOW what Tesla would give me on trade (plus tax). Couple bites and nothing.

You can usually do better than trade in price or carvana selling private. But I also failed to get fair market value prices on my Jeep as well. I ended up trading.

Keep in mind people buying Teslas typically have a car they need to get rid of.

BTW Tesla gave me an estimate without pics. Once I ordered a car they wanted pics of my trade. When I sent in pics the trade went up $6k.

When young. I bought and sold so many cars as we upgraded our house etc. It’s tough justifying a $100k vehicle while doing that.

If you are trying to profit from the use car market by selling high and buying low in 1 year that’s gonna be really hard.

One way I always justify insane Tesla prices is safety. You can’t put a value on that. If you put your family in a say a Honda mini can (which is probably also hard to get) and had some nut job t bone you (something you can’t control) which car do you want to be in? Honda or your X?