Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Employee who sent $30,000 off email was FIRED!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla basically fired an employee for advertising a sale that Tesla is actually having, a sale that some say is openly advertised on their web site when you look at inventory pricing, but one that Tesla doesn't want anyone to know about. Makes total sense ??@#??@# o_O

I'm sensing an internal rift in the company between Sales and Musk. Sales wants to do what it does best: Sell. While Musk wants to promote a seemingly false narrative about "no discounts". Every vehicle manufacturer discounts at end of quarter or end of year. What is there to be so sensitive about? This is a reality of the market.

If Musk held himself to the same standards he applies to his employees, he would have been fired 3 years ago. This just drips with hypocrisy. By doing what it did, Tesla gave this story far more life than it otherwise would have had.

Last edited:
That's not true at all. Have you followed this thread?

Fantastic Tesla 90D Lease deals for someone ready to jump on it now -
I haven't been following that thread but I do know there have been dozens of inventory cars on Tesla's site with discounts of $30,000 or more. You just have to search their listings to find them and these discounted cars are available to everyone.

Did Aaron's email indicate these were only the "hidden listings" that you are referring to or was he referring to the publicly listed cars? I'm sure everyone who asked about any discounted cars would receive the same discounted price.

Last edited:
Tesla basically fired an employee for advertising a sale that Tesla is actually having, a sale that some say is openly advertised on their web site when you look at inventory pricing, but one that Tesla doesn't want anyone to know about. Makes total sense ??@#??@# o_O

This seems likely.

I'm sensing an internal rift in the company between Sales and Musk. Sales wants to do what it does best: Sell. While Musk wants to promote a seemingly false narrative about "no discounts". Every vehicle manufacturer discounts at end of quarter or end of year. What is there to be so sensitive about? This is a reality of the market.

Who knows. It could also be that Elon approves, but does not want it to be public. Or other.

If Musk held himself to the same standards he applies to his employees, he would have been fired 3 years ago. This just drips with hypocrisy. By doing what it did, Tesla gave this story far more life than it otherwise would have had.

That much is certain, yes.

Reactions: Swift
And of course the bigger right thing to do would be for Aaron to be able to keep his job because he was just doing what he was supposed to.
Where your post is inaccurate is that you (or I or any of us) don't know the whole story. I feel certain that Tesla had help from their legal representative when writing this response and it is written purposely to be vague. You are jumping to conclusions, making assumptions, and casting negative aspersions about the situation. Everyone should be vary careful about defamation on this public forum with at least one Tesla VP as a member. If you want to help Aaron (job, money, encouragement, etc.), you should do so privately.

Where your post is inaccurate is that you (or I or any of us) don't know the whole story. I feel certain that Tesla had help from their legal representative when writing this response and it is written purposely to be vague. You are jumping to conclusions, making assumptions, and casting negative aspersions about the situation. Everyone should be vary careful about defamation on this public forum with at least one Tesla VP as a member. If you want to help Aaron (job, money, encouragement, etc.), you should do so privately.

And you are doing the same towards Aaron by casting negative on him.

Reactions: Swift and croman
This is soo odd, I personally got annoyed at Tesla for not being transparent on deals.. Elon personally said there are deals on "Showroom Discounts". In any event, after a user helped me land a hidden deal, I said to myself it can't be this hard to buy a car with a discount. Sneaking around to buy a 100k car is insane. In any event, I've created a group where people can help each other and publish these hidden deals, but please keep your OA info hidden, we don't want to hurt anyone's livelihoods. Pm me if you want the link.

I see people already not abiding by your request. that's going to get people in trouble.

I haven't been following that thread but I do know there have been dozens of inventory cars on Tesla's site with discounts of $30,000 or more. You just have to search their listings to find them and these discounted cars are available to everyone.

Did Aaron's email indicate these were only the "hidden listings" that you are referring to or was he referring to the publicly listed cars? I'm sure everyone who asked about any discounted cars would receive the same discounted price.
They're more or less "lazy" hidden. If you go to Tesla's site and search for inventory models (S or X) with a 100kW battery, none are listed. If you go to teslainventory, you can see 40 100s, 22 of them new. As long as you know the VIN of a car, you can link to and order it on Tesla's site.

Having to use a 3rd party site or talk to an OA, gives the impression there's something shady going on when Musk claims nobody gets discounts.

Personally, I think they need to standardize their terminology (price adjustment), make all the inventory models available for searching on the Tesla site and clearly explain the reason for the price adjustment.

Something like....

Adjustment: $32,400
P100D base price adjustment ($5000)
Legacy Premium Package now standard ($5000)
Premium Interior now standard ($3300)
Subzero Weather Package now standard ($1000)
Tow Package now standard ($1200)
Mileage: 4813 miles ($4900)
Manufactured 2/17 (7%: $12,000)

You shouldn't claim not to have discounts, allegedly fire somebody for advertising discounts, have some form of price adjustment that's not explained clearly, call those adjustments discounts on half of your paperwork and make it so you can only find those price adjusted models by using a 3rd party site or having an OA search for you.

Hello everyone,

Last week I received an email from Tesla advertising "showroom discounts" up to $30,000 off P100D models, which I posted here. TMC put an article on the front page based on my post, which got picked up by Elektrek in this article: Tesla offers ‘up to $30,000 showroom discounts’ and lowers interest rates to boost sales before end of the quarter. Tesla has since terminated the sales advisor, Aaron Schenck. Some of us local owners are really shocked by this, especially since many of us received the email and told people we knew to help Tesla sell more cars. Aaron Schenck is a great guy with a family, doesn't deserve this. I was told by another local owner that Aaron had the approval of his manager to send out that email because end-of-quarter incentives were coming.

The TMC article that likely prompted the Elektrek article is here: Tesla Offering ‘Showroom Discounts’ Up To $30K

The thread I started when I shared the email is here: Tesla Email: $30,000 Off P100D!!!!

Hoping there is something we can do for him, he was just doing his job.

This is DejaVu from the last time there were sales

You shouldn't claim not to have discounts, allegedly fire somebody for advertising discounts, have some form of price adjustment that's not explained clearly, call those adjustments discounts on half of your paperwork and make it so you can only find those price adjusted models by using a 3rd party site or having an OA search for you.
^^^this

Hope no one got fired over this showroom discount.

Attachments

• IMG_1752.PNG
    IMG_1752.PNG
    891.4 KB · Views: 108
I completely agree that people rush to share info here, not thinking of consequences.

Simple rule of thumb that I follow: Before posting communication from an individual at any company (not just Tesla), I get permission to share publicly. And I always remove the name and contact info. If someone wants to get in touch with that person after I post it, I'll forward the message. It's up to the recipient if they want to share their contact info.
That's a pretty fine line, and I think I've approached that line myself on occasion. It gets difficult, and I know I've entered uncomfortable territory, and sometimes that exhausts me, and then the next time I go real safe.

(Then there are those times I felt no discomfort at all, because I was just principled and it seemed obvious to me what to do.)

I like your recommendation. I know I've done similar on occasions.