Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Employee who sent $30,000 off email was FIRED!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't understand what some of you are claiming. Every time I look at EV CPO, there are numerous cars that are brand new, and have discounts.

Model S P100D 5YJSA1E45HF207424 | Tesla

This car is currently $145.2k...it would be $150.5k if ordered new, (Ludicrous mode is included in the new build)

Am I missing something? The claim by Leon, etc. was that EVERYONE pays the same (list) price. That is clearly not true. What's the point of contention?

I make it 147k, 2k saving is not 30k and if I checked I wouldn't be surprised if it was missing the new drive units.

I make it 147k, 2k saving is not 30k and if I checked I wouldn't be surprised if it was missing the new drive units.

There aren't many options on the P100D, so it should be easy to determine your mistake. Did you forget to add FSD? That would be about the right amount...If you forgot the correct wheels, that would have been 4.5, so I doubt that is your error, but if you made more than one, that could be a part of the mistake.

I am not disagreeing with the fact that there is some price adjustment going on in inventory all the time to reflect current customer order pricing, so you can stop arguing something that isn't a disagreement. :)

I am disagreeing with the notion that this is the only type of discount available. Basically IMO there is reason to believe Tesla does offer deals to move inventory cars, contrary to what they claim as their policy.

As you yourself admit, you have been following this for a very short time. My view is based on a pattern of history, it is probably pointless to argue with you the details when you are ignoring or ignorant of that.
I'm not sure why you feel the need to keep this going, but I guess I'll bite. I've not spoken about any of Tesla's past actions or discount policies. All I've done is clarify the discounts on a few vehicles to dismiss the notion that there's some poorly kept secret discounting going on now with inventory models. I presented facts regarding a few of the currently discounted cars, if you choose to disagree with that, that's your right, but I no longer have any interest in trying to change your mind of anything. The purpose of my posts was to refute the claims that Tesla was screwing new buyers of custom builds by offering some shady deals in inventory cars. I don't know or care what Tesla has or has not doing in the past and I'm not even remotely interested. The currently available price adjustments for inventory cars reflect a price drop across the new trims and options plus some sort of depreciation based discount for demos. If you buy a $20k discounted inventory model today vs. a custom build, you're not saving $20k. At best you're saving a couple grand and getting a car that might be missing now standard options, AP2.5 and some performance boosts.

Tesla just dropped the price of a well optioned, newly configured MX P100D by around $20,000. That's very likely a strategy to push more sales. There's nothing hidden about it. The huge discounts that people are focused on is a result of that change.

Reactions: dennis
As an additional point: Tesla does not put all their inventory on the website. Hence some deals are only found through a co-operative sales person...
That I agree with 100%. Every inventory model for sale should be listed on Tesla's site in the New Inventory section, even demos. You should not have to deal with an OA to find the discounted cars. It makes it look like something shady is going on.

• Disagree
Reactions: dennis
TMC archives are open to the public. I am not wrong on this.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree - Tesla pushed all sept ordered cars to post EAP. But EVEN if they didn't, they had a stock car that they knew was obsolete within days, they got shot if it to make way for the new spec.

You look at new inventory 75s, they fall into two price brackets, those with the new drive units, and those without. The older spec are do,d cheaper because they're not current spec.

Absolutely - tesla don't want you to see a car with 2k miles and a few months old for 30k off which is why they are reluctant to show them. It puts people off custom orders.
That's Tesla's problem. If they explained the discount better then they wouldn't need to conceal it. They don't even display the discount prominently on the Tesla site so it shouldn't be a big deal. If you see an inventory model that's $2,600 less than your custom order and it clearly states that it's 2 months old, missing the Subzero package and has AP2.0 vs. AP2.5, then you can make an intelligent decision.

When you're linked to an inventory car from a 3rd party website and it shows a $20,000 discount, most people probably won't even bother to compare it to a custom build.