Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Emulate Volvo's ‘Care by Volvo’ subscription service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having a new Volvo XC40 will be as hassle free as having a mobile phone

With their launch of the new XC40, Volvo is coming out with a ‘Care by Volvo’ subscription service that will have people upgrade their cars just like they do their phones: on an annual schedule. This package also offers payment options on a national, flat-rate monthly fee, eschewing the typical dealership structure included in most leases. So, people no longer have to worry about the traditional extras such as down payments, maintenance and insurance. Leasing is nothing new for the auto industry, but these short-term subscriptions will appeal to people who don't want to wait for the next new model and also to auto companies who want to constantly innovate their cars.

With this subscription service including pretty much everything in one flat rate and allowing people to trade in cars just like smartphone, I think Tesla should have a similar package since they constantly do non-software based upgrades on a yearly basis. While I'm all for Tesla frequently refreshing their models, I also understand the owners feeling a bit jilted after driving their new car off the lot only for Tesla to come out with a new hardware upgrade or do an interior refresh in just a few months.

Reactions: araxara