Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enable heated seats and wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a trick to getting the heated steering wheel and heated rear seats enabled?

I just installed the rear seats, the new column, new steering wheel and new heater ecu behind airbag. Hiwever, I don’t know how to program the car to enable the features. Anyone here able to point me to the right direction?

Is there a trick to getting the heated steering wheel and heated rear seats enabled?

I just installed the rear seats, the new column, new steering wheel and new heater ecu behind airbag. Hiwever, I don’t know how to program the car to enable the features. Anyone here able to point me to the right direction?
You need a mobile tech or take to service center to have the appropriate winter package enabled through software. I'm very interested in installing the heated steering wheel, let us know how you make out? Where did you source your parts for the steering wheel?

So I had a great guy remote into the model s and enable a few feature. He was able to activate the rear heated seats without any issues. The heated steering wheel has shown to be more of a battle. We worked on it for a couple hours, but ended up calling it a night.

That got me thinking so I went on this forum and found this thread. Since my car is a December build 2014 p85d, it had the black and red wires present. I took out the multimeter and measured 14vdc was present when the heated steering wheel button was both on and off.

Does anyone know why there’s power, but I’m unable to get it to the actual heating elements? Anyone else try this retrofit and able to shed light on their ease of enabling it?