Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enabled the rear speakers and added Sub to my SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The one thing that I wanted that my SR+ did not have was the premium audio.

Finally got around to adding a small amp and hooking up the rear shelf speakers (that are already there just non functional.

I also added a small Pioneer amplified Subwoofer.

Really happy with the results.

It is well documented on other forums so I won’t get into details here.

I have 2 clients who also want it so I will be adding it as a service to my Tesla clients .

If anyone in Montreal wants to hear how it sounds come by and I can show it to you (can you show sound lol)

Reactions: Legen---dary
From what I saw it was mainly people wiring them incorrectly, especially to the battery, or large amplifiers.

I followed all the threads, I set mine up with 2 small amplifiers. I am running one fuse for them both and for fun I have a 5 amp fuse and no issues...so no worries about a current draw issue.

It has been close to -20C and I have been using the setup for a week no errors no issues.

The one thing that I wanted that my SR+ did not have was the premium audio.

Finally got around to adding a small amp and hooking up the rear shelf speakers (that are already there just non functional.

I also added a small Pioneer amplified Subwoofer.

Really happy with the results.

It is well documented on other forums so I won’t get into details here.

I have 2 clients who also want it so I will be adding it as a service to my Tesla clients .

If anyone in Montreal wants to hear how it sounds come by and I can show it to you (can you show sound lol)

No problem message me and I would be happy to do it, you can hang out while I do it and see how it’s done...

I have a shop, I do PPF tinting and remote starters so I work on cars all day

Thanks!

Wanted to PM you but doesn't seem to work. I'd be interested in hearing how your upgraded audio sounds as I find the sound in the SR+ to be too "front focused". Obviously this isn't the best time to do this but would like to do it when things get back to normal. I'm also in Montreal so message me your info and let me know if you will still do it for others because I looked at the guide and understood nothing, thanks!

That’s what I am using, there is a ton of room under the side bolster bur nothing to attach it to, I already forget how I did it LOL

Hey - wondering if you can help me out here.
Where did you ground the amp? I'm thinking I have a grounding problem. I have static and hiss on the passenger side even with no input wired. Driver's side has no problem.

Thanks in advance!