TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Enabling "Biohazard Defense Mode" by default

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by willcasp, Aug 21, 2018.

1. willcasp

willcasp Member

I am in the Pacific Northwest, where the air quality has been in the suck zone for a few days, and will be for a few days more. The "biohazard defense mode" setting on the AC has gone from a novelty item to something that I am using, and really notice the results. The air really stinks outside the car. Quickly becomes pleasant inside the car.

Is there a way to make this feature enabled by default? Would be a nice convenience for the next few days.

• Like x 1
  2. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

It would be very nice! I just made a trip up there and had to remember to enable biohazard every time I left the car. We have also had prolonged bad air here, and I have been using it consistently for ~ 5 weeks. I will mention it Thursday when I go in to see if my filter needs to be replaced.

3. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Member

#3 ReddyLeaf, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    I don’t know if you can leave it on by default, but I would check the control settings. The BHD mode is probably the one reason that I would trade up from my pre-refresh 70D. Tesla was marketing that for Beijing-type pollution, but we’ve exceeded those levels from the Climate Change fueled fires all over BC and PNW. This week has been horrible! AQI has exceeded 250 (unhealthy to very unhealthy levels) here with 1/4 - 1/2 mi visibility at times. I’ve stayed indoors and at home since Saturday except for brief car trips. Basically very few people outdoors. Here’s a good tracking site:
    Metaline, Kennewick, Washington, USA Air Pollution: Real-time PM2.5 Air Quality Index (AQI)