Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enabling sentry when dog mode is active?

IraSch

Aug 7, 2020
New Jersey
When dog mode is active, apparently sentry mode is turned off. I know I can manually re-enable tilt/intrusion after setting dog mode, but that can lead to false alarms due to movement in the cabin.

Under normal (non-dog) conditions, sentry mode is active and if someone brushes by the car or tries a door handle, sentry makes a recording (which is fine).

Is there any way to re-enable sentry mode? After all, if you're leaving your dog in the car that's when you'd want sentry mode the most.

Reactions: DblOSmith

DblOSmith

Jun 29, 2021
Missouri
When dog mode is active, apparently sentry mode is turned off. I know I can manually re-enable tilt/intrusion after setting dog mode, but that can lead to false alarms due to movement in the cabin.

Under normal (non-dog) conditions, sentry mode is active and if someone brushes by the car or tries a door handle, sentry makes a recording (which is fine).

Is there any way to re-enable sentry mode? After all, if you're leaving your dog in the car that's when you'd want sentry mode the most.
Same question. I have a small dog I leave in the car sometimes. I'd rather have all the cams running, draining battery than not having anything.

@IraSch how do you re-enable it after setting dog mode? If I have dog mode active, my sentry mode is completely grayed out.

Mar 23, 2020
Seattle
My understanding is that Tesla does this to prevent the dog from triggered warnings/alarms that are enabled by Sentry mode, but I agree it's silly. I'd be fine with functionality limited only to outdoor cameras.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl

jjgg

May 21, 2021
Vancouver
As a workaround, I don't use dog mode. I select "on" instead of "dog" for climate control. This will allow Sentry on. The only missing part is the cute screen message.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC