Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enabling Supercharging on salvage Tesla Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've heard that they shut-off all DC charging on the Model S.
Do you think there is a kind of software 'kill switch' inside the car that Tesla can trigger,
of does a Tesla supercharger would not be allowed to connect with the Tesla owner account in the case of a salvaged Tesla?

If there is no software 'kill switch' inside the car, then any 2022 and after Tesla with CCS enabled would then be able to use a CCS charger.
So there is no need anymore to convert a Tesla EV into a Tesla ICE because you cannot SuperCharge !!!

There are different flags for SC and other DC charging. As I said, I’ll try soon (if my car arrives in one piece).
There is not on a model3. Or rather, there's just a "supercharging" flag, and no flag for other fast charging like the legacy model S/X have. Whenever this means it's controlled by the same or if other fastcharging could not be disabled on a model3 I don't know though.

Do you think there is a kind of software 'kill switch' inside the car that Tesla can trigger,
of does a Tesla supercharger would not be allowed to connect with the Tesla owner account in the case of a salvaged Tesla?

If there is no software 'kill switch' inside the car, then any 2022 and after Tesla with CCS enabled would then be able to use a CCS charger.
So there is no need anymore to convert a Tesla EV into a Tesla ICE because you cannot SuperCharge !!!
there is a kill switch inside the car (two on legacy s/x cars). And Tesla would log into your car and cripple it. Some think this is highly illegal, but so far I am not aware of anybody that sued and won though.

Understand that very few Teslas are capable of CCS charging
not all that few and you can also retrofit if you want.

Reactions: M0rpH3x
There is not on a model3. Or rather, there's just a "supercharging" flag, and no flag for other fast charging like the legacy model S/X have. Whenever this means it's controlled by the same or if other fastcharging could not be disabled on a model3 I don't know though.
I noticed on the ODB2 App ScanMyTesla, that there is a vlue for the kWh charged from Supercharger and not Supercharger.

The car records the charging type, so Supercharging can be easily disabled by Tesla on a salvaged car.

there is a kill switch inside the car (two on legacy s/x cars). And Tesla would log into your car and cripple it. Some think this is highly illegal, but so far I am not aware of anybody that sued and won though.

When Tesla pulled the superchargic on my car (without warning and after 5 years of supplying it (and warranty) because we none of us thought it was a salvage car) the service manager told me that he knew of only one vehicle that had it's super charging re-established and that they got that by litigation.

Interestingly in just a few days he was gone, presumably having already turned in his resignation by the time I talked to him. I think he might have been telling the truth. If they've given you super charging for some time, it may be that you are entitled to keep it. It might be worth a chance if you want to go to court.

I am doing everything I can to avoid litigation, as I despise it. However, they may leave me no choice. Sadly Tesla corporate culture has no empathy of any type. Probably a result of the Asperger's of its leader.

Reactions: coug77
I noticed on the ODB2 App ScanMyTesla, that there is a vlue for the kWh charged from Supercharger and not Supercharger.

The car records the charging type, so Supercharging can be easily disabled by Tesla on a salvaged car.
I think the values are DC and AC charging. DC counts everything including non-Tesla fast charging (chademo and CCS).