Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enahnced Autopilot and FSD beta features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi There,

I would like to ask:

1. If it is necessary to subscribe to the FSD to get into FSD Beta programm. I have paid for Enhanced Autopilot and even this one is not full working in EU (as expected).
Elon said FSD beta in EU this summer, does it mean it would be posible to participate on FSD beta for me even if not subscribed to FSD?
The is no option to subscribe for FSD on monthly basis in EU yet.

2. Are there any updates for Enhanced autopilot included in the regular firmware updates? I mean regarding the features included in both FSD and Enhaced Autopilot (Highway lane change, Smart summon, ...).
I know there are FW releases with FSD version #, but those are available only for FSD beta subscribers. Does it mean the higher FW version (not FSD release related) includes some of those features as well or not?

3. Is it possible to get my SS somehow even if not subscribed to the FSD?

Thanks.

1. If it is necessary to subscribe to the FSD to get into FSD Beta program...

To get FSD beta, you need to first paid for FSD in the form of 1 fully paid payment in advance or by each month with subscription.

Paying for EAP won't do it. You need to additionally pay or rent FSD.

...it would be posible to participate on FSD beta for me even if not subscribed to FSD?
See above answer. You don't have to subscribe but you can choose the option of paying 1 big payment in advance.

2. Are there any updates for Enhanced autopilot included in the regular firmware updates? I mean regarding the features included in both FSD and Enhaced Autopilot (Highway lane change, Smart summon, ...).
I know there are FW releases with FSD version #, but those are available only for FSD beta subscribers. Does it mean the higher FW version (not FSD release related) includes some of those features as well or not?
EAP is cheaper than FSD and it has less features than FSD.

EAP and FSD are almost the same with the difference that FSD can do City Streets such as responsive to traffic lights and stop signs. FSD beta is just like Navigation on Autopilot but it works in City Streets as well.

That means EAP can get firmware updates to improve its already existing features such as not crashing on a curve of death but those updates will not add any additional features such as City Streets.

Reactions: fcela
What's SS?
SS = Safety Score;) Also the OP is in Europe and FSD features are more limited than the US/Canada.🤔

In answer to the OP's question: No, at this time Safety Score is only available to people who have applied for the Beta (US and Canada only) or are on Tesla insurance (some US states only). Tesla may offer to all at some time as an added "safety" feature. But technically it is in beta and still being refined.

Last edited:
Wait until FSD Beta is available in your area and then decide if it’s worth having. Maybe by then you’ll be able to subscribe to FSD. I wouldn’t buy the FSD option if I were you, since EAP already has almost everything that standard FSD would offer.

Wait until FSD Beta is available in your area and then decide if it’s worth having. Maybe by then you’ll be able to subscribe to FSD. I wouldn’t buy the FSD option if I were you, since EAP already has almost everything that standard FSD would offer.
Thanks, that was the reason I choose EAP instead of FSD, but to have the last features included in the FSD beta is quite interesting. I will wait untill summer, maybe Elon didn't mean this summer anyway :-D

Is EAP still available in Europe? I wasn't aware.

EDIT: So it is. I will remove the post. However, I have to say that upsets me a little. Why shouldn't buyers in Tesla's home country be given that same option and flexibility?
Because FSD in Europe doesn’t include all the features that we get in the US, so it’s not worth buying. That’s the only reason EAP is still available there.

Because FSD in Europe doesn’t include all the features that we get in the US, so it’s not worth buying. That’s the only reason EAP is still available there.
But EAP (now in Europe and in 2018 when I purchased it) contains the advanced driver assist features that, in my opinion, are truly valuable additions to the car, i.e., Auto Lane Change, Summon (maybe someday Smart Summon) and, especially, Navigate on AutoPilot. I think it would be valuable to go back to having a $5000 package add-on that gave you those features without paying an additional $7,000 for Autosteer on City Streets which has been "Coming soon" for nearly half a decade and still lacks clarity for what it will be (from L3 to Robotaxi) in the future.

Just to note that I only paid $2000 for the Autosteer on City Streets (FSD) addon back in 2018, and I am still not sure it was worth it. But I don't bemoan at all the $5000 I paid for EAP.