Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enchanced autopilot for pre-2016/previous gen Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone been to the showroom/roadshows recently and asked about retrofitment possibilities of the enhanced autopilot on previous generation Model S? I'm ready to be trolled for my forum signature but I'm about ready to give up my humanity over to a machine if it means I can just sleep in HK traffic on way to work. *I'm talking about the enhanced autopilot then the full autonomous driving feature* It would be great if I can hop in the car early with my whole family and sleep while it first drops off my wife, then my son and then I wake up to find myself plugged into a wall charger near my work....

From Tesla's car configurator, I noted there's "enable after delivery" and hoping this means it's a service center retrofit-able feature so our older Model Ss can also have the new cameras/signal lights installed? On the other hand there's some parts I know that would not fit due to the facelift... hmmm....

Better off selling your current car for one with HW2.
Not even factoring in all the new tech and battery pack, any additional spending you incur by buying a new car would far outweigh the cost of a retrofit (even if it were possible).

By the time the features that you have mentioned are even possible in HK, there will be pre-owned HW2 cars available.

First of all, you can't retrofit it. The "enable after delivery" is just a software unlock as the hardware is built-in for all cars being produced.

If you are after EAP and full autonomous... you should wait until they become available and trade in your car. Currently EAP is not even at parity with AP1, let alone EAP features and full autonomous. Even if you can retrofit them today (you can't), you have a very long wait ahead for Tesla to fulfill what you envision.