Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End Of 3rd Quarter Deal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Model X on order from a few weeks ago and my Glendale rep said the incentive is only on Inventory orders. I called a few stores in the LA area and they all said the same.

Unfortunately, I also just called tamx3's rep and they got a memo last night that it's just Inventory orders now. Thanks tho, tamx3.

I have Model X on order from a few weeks ago and my Glendale rep said the incentive is only on Inventory orders. I called a few stores in the LA area and they all said the same.

Unfortunately, I also just called tamx3's rep and they got a memo last night that it's just Inventory orders now. Thanks tho, tamx3.

It changes really quick...Now I am kind of feeling lucky placing an impulse order last Saturday...

I am taking delivery tomorrow after waiting 6 weeks since custom ordering. I escalated this incentive issue pretty forcefully through my sales rep. Got a call from the sr. manager who said that he spoke to the director and had the following message:

"We never gave free upgrades or price cuts on custom ordered vehicles. When someone orders a new build, we first try to match that configuration with a new inventory vehicle. If we cannot find an exact match, but if there's a close superset available, we waived the cost of up to two upgrades as part of the incentive if the customer was willing to take delivery of the inventory vehicle before the end of the month".

Now if this isn't true, everyone at Tesla is lying through their teeth.

They also said that the incentive only ran for 3 days (Fri/Sat/Sun) last weekend, and is no longer available. I called a couple of showrooms in the area today (Friday) and the deal is not back this weekend.

Doesn't look like anybody paid lower than the cost of their custom build. Just that they got more stuff for no additional charge. I didn't order 22 inch wheels for a reason (reduces range, higher tire wear etc) and do not want them. I don't want to drive a flashy red car that screams for attention either. I like the look of the Figured Ashwood trim against the matte charcoal black seats, which comes without additional cost anyway. Im the kind who wouldn't think I 'saved' on something just because I got something for free that I didn't want. To me, any deviation from my exact original configuration is a 'downgrade', regardless of its higher cost to Tesla.

But I could save $1,500 (Midnight Silver) if they deduct the price of the paint from my custom order, which they wouldn't. I may be able to force their hand by refusing delivery tomorrow, but I don't think its worth ruining the 100K car buying experience for my family for that 1.5%.

They did offer me some goodies instead though.

Last edited:
I am taking delivery tomorrow after waiting 6 weeks since custom ordering. I escalated this incentive issue pretty forcefully through my sales rep. Got a call from the sr. manager who said that he spoke to the director and had the following message:

"We never gave free upgrades or price cuts on custom ordered vehicles. When someone orders a new build, we first try to match that configuration with a new inventory vehicle. If we cannot find an exact match, but if there's a close superset available, we waived the cost of up to two upgrades as part of the incentive if the customer was willing to take delivery of the inventory vehicle before the end of the month".

Now if this isn't true, everyone at Tesla is lying through their teeth.

They also said that the incentive only ran for 3 days (Fri/Sat/Sun) last weekend, and is no longer available. I called a couple of showrooms in the area today (Friday) and the deal is not back this weekend.

Doesn't look like anybody paid lower than the cost of their custom build. Just that they got more stuff for no additional charge. I didn't order 22 inch wheels for a reason (reduces range, higher tire wear etc) and do not want them. I don't want to drive a flashy red car that screams for attention either. I like the look of the Figured Ashwood trim against the matte charcoal black seats, which comes without additional cost anyway. Im the kind who wouldn't think I 'saved' on something just because I got something for free that I didn't want. To me, any deviation from my exact original configuration is a 'downgrade', regardless of its higher cost to Tesla.

But I could save $1,500 (Midnight Silver) if they deduct the price of the paint from my custom order, which they wouldn't. I may be able to force their hand by refusing delivery tomorrow, but I don't think its worth ruining the 100K car buying experience for my family for that 1.5%.

They did offer me some goodies instead though.
Come back and let us know after you picked up your car tomorrow. My appointment was at 5pm today and they called me a few minutes ago and cancel due to a crack in the roof during QC. I posted the details on the other thread. Hope you get your car.

• Informative
Reactions: bewilderman
I ordered an inventory MX via an online advisor last Sunday, was told I’d get the wheels and paint free.

I went to the showroom in San Francisco where the car I had just ordered was still on display. Asked Manager if I can take delivery and I’m told yes, but car has been in accident and hood and bumper need to be replaced (it’s a “new” car mind you). I decide not to take the car, talk to advisor and remove VIN from my order to trigger a build.

Today (in unrelated convo in Burlingame showroom) I was told that I cannot get the end of Q deal by another advisor. My car just got $8,500 more expensive in 5 days and no one thought to mention it. Right at the same time, a lady across the table from me in the showroom finishes her conversation and tells her apologetic advisor: “great car, horrible customer service”

Here I am not knowing what to do with my order, not sure I want to become a Tesla owner anyone.

I ordered an inventory MX via an online advisor last Sunday, was told I’d get the wheels and paint free.

I went to the showroom in San Francisco where the car I had just ordered was still on display. Asked Manager if I can take delivery and I’m told yes, but car has been in accident and hood and bumper need to be replaced (it’s a “new” car mind you). I decide not to take the car, talk to advisor and remove VIN from my order to trigger a build.

Today (in unrelated convo in Burlingame showroom) I was told that I cannot get the end of Q deal by another advisor. My car just got $8,500 more expensive in 5 days and no one thought to mention it. Right at the same time, a lady across the table from me in the showroom finishes her conversation and tells her apologetic advisor: “great car, horrible customer service”

Here I am not knowing what to do with my order, not sure I want to become a Tesla owner anyone.
Curious, how many miles is on your inventory car? My impression of inventory means combination of brand new, loaner, show room, and demo/test driven cars. Used and accident cars are not inventory category unless I'm mistaken.

For me, I wouldn't buy an accident car doesn't matter how much I save. Period.

Curious, how many miles is on your inventory car? My impression of inventory means combination of brand new, loaner, show room, and demo/test driven cars. Used and accident cars are not inventory category unless I'm mistaken.

For me, I wouldn't buy an accident car doesn't matter how much I save. Period.

It had between 500 and 1,000, don’t remember exactly. It was likely a test drive vehicle. The accident was just a fender bender and it looks like they tried to have a body shop fix it. The whole thing was too shady to take the risk, and now this discount bait & switch...

That's tough... I would have a hard time not getting the deal after having it lined up. Stay close, just in case the deal comes back last minute. I almost bought an X last week, as well, but will be anxiously waiting for another offer (even if I have to wait another quarter). My two cents; If you're this close to owning a Tesla, hang in there; I don't think I'll buy another ICE vehicle.

Come back and let us know after you picked up your car tomorrow. My appointment was at 5pm today and they called me a few minutes ago and cancel due to a crack in the roof during QC. I posted the details on the other thread. Hope you get your car.

Picked up the car yesterday as scheduled. Everything went exceptionally well. Will save the rave for another post! For now, I don't even know where to begin, completely blown away and lost for words to express the feeling!

Reactions: LA88
My custom order Model X is supposed to come end of the month, I called in during the promotional period and was told I would get paint upgrade fee waived and it was noted and updated on my order. Now they have backtracked and said that can't happen. Anyone who ordered custom have any luck getting any reduction or discount?

Just came from the dealership, bit disappointed. They have a car that I like in the inventory, I have received the email about promotion that should run till end of Sep, scheduled a visit only to be told that promo was abruptly finished this Friday.

I custom ordered an Performance Model X on Saturday. Blue, Full Self Driving, 6 Seat, Black Interior w/Carbon Fiber, 22" Onyx Wheels. There was an inventory vehicle that matched minus the carbon fiber. The incentives available now were only a 50% reduction in the destination fee that normally runs $500. Had they "thrown in" the cost of the wheels, and/or another option, I may have been swayed to take the inventory vehicle. However, the agent noted that was not an option.

Thought I would share my deal for you all, in case it helps.

Didn’t want to post prior to picking it up in case something changed.

Picked up our LR MX yesterday.

Originally did a custom order 9/14 for a LR MX, White/White, 6 Seat interior

On 9/18, I switched to an existing inventory LR MX, with 5 miles, Black/White interior, 6 Seats, 22” wheels.

Was told the paint and wheels upgrade would be “free”. Line item at purchase for $6,500 was called “referral credit”.

The existing inventory vehicle was 2 hours from my home but was told by the OA that the existing inventory cars had to be close to my home for the free upgrades.

Good luck to everyone, appreciate all the help I’ve gotten reading the posts prior to purchase.

I placed a custom order on 9/15 with the Seattle store after confirming with that store and one other on 9/14 that two upgrades would be free (knocked $6,500 off the price). Delivery is scheduled for 5 hours from now, and the store manager is stuck in limbo waiting on corporate and Elon to approve the discount (ridiculous that Elon would be involved). They said three deliveries were being held up due to corporate not approving them yet.

I have multiple emails confirming the discount in writing.

Friend of mine ordered an inventory X on sep 17 with 2 options discounted. Contract signed, deposit paid. Than on Saturday, Tesla said discounts revoked. And the sales said a lot of folks are in exactly the same boat. My friend cancelled. Than Tesla starts calling my friend other model X inventory options from cancelled orders today.

I placed a custom order on 9/15 with the Seattle store after confirming with that store and one other on 9/14 that two upgrades would be free (knocked $6,500 off the price). Delivery is scheduled for 5 hours from now, and the store manager is stuck in limbo waiting on corporate and Elon to approve the discount (ridiculous that Elon would be involved). They said three deliveries were being held up due to corporate not approving them yet.

I have multiple emails confirming the discount in writing.

Did you get a resolution yet?