Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of Qtr deliveries???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla customer service severa times to inquire about my order which was 3/6.

Several reps have mentioned that they are no longer working off of a quarter system and cars are now being delivered as they are manufactured without trying to have a mad rush for end of quarters.

Can someone confirm this? To their point, we should start seeing more accurate delivery dates for recent orders instead of EDD jumping around like crazy.

A Google search also revealed that they were ditching the end of quarter delivery rush. Tesla’s Elon Musk calls for an end to TSLA’s end-of-quarter vehicle delivery blitzes | TESLARATI

My OD is July 6, 2021. MYLR Blue/Black/Tow/No FSD. My EDD which was May 17 to June 14 has now moved to June 8 to July 2020. Very disappointing that I will be reaching 365 days mile marker before I see the car. I notice that EOQ push happening ignoring all the old orders still not fulfilled. Just do not understand the Tesla logic at all. I am also a Tesla shareholder and have reached out to the Board of Directors of Tesla also on this extraordinary delay. No one cares and no response. Just your EDd keeps on moving to the future! No one can understand the Tesla black hole!!!!

Given the overwhelming number of VINs being issued to California residents this past week, with hearing crickets from pretty much everywhere else, I’m going to go ahead and say that they have not yet ditched it. Maybe next quarter?

Reactions: ebartolome
Last Year Elon said they were basically going steady state no EoQ rush but as RocY said seems they still are to some degree ... perhaps its delivering and selling and less on the manufacturing lines. Will be interested to see if quality is lower at EoQ as people have reported in the past.

Reactions: ebartolome
First timer here!
I will share my experience with you.

OD 10/25/21 MYP
EDD 12/21
EDD 1/22 (i dont remember exact dates)
EDD 2/22 (changed again)
EDD 3/14-3/31
EDD 3/19-3/29
Get a text for Delivery on 3/22/22 (Today with an appt set at 2pm)
Follow up with a text, that I if i dont accept befeore 3/20 the vin will be released to someone!
They drop the car off on 3/20/22 (when i am not home)

First timer here!
I will share my experience with you.

OD 10/25/21 MYP
EDD 12/21
EDD 1/22 (i dont remember exact dates)
EDD 2/22 (changed again)
EDD 3/14-3/31
EDD 3/19-3/29
Get a text for Delivery on 3/22/22 (Today with an appt set at 2pm)
Follow up with a text, that I if i dont accept befeore 3/20 the vin will be released to someone!
They drop the car off on 3/20/22 (when i am not home)
Confused by the last 2 lines. They texted you for delivery today, but said you have to accept delivery 2 days prior when you don't even have the car yet? So in theory your VIN should have been released to someone else 2 days ago?

Reactions: robeeen